Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 47 Likes Search this Thread
06-25-2019, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #1

Who knows the actually information about new aps-c flagship?

For God sake... Canon, Nikon,Sony, Fuji, Panasonic, Olympus , Leica...even Hasseblad had already...at least released the new product information,
Don't tell me Pentax will only release a custom KP as 100 anniversary's product, please

This year is very important for Pentax to catch the market, especially other brands are all focusing on mirrorless now, I hope Pentax can be insist on DSLR, however, timing is important...

06-25-2019, 08:13 AM - 4 Likes   #2
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Why is so important to be like the Joneses
It will come when Pentax is ready to release it

bicker bicker bickern thats all we have heard for 2yrs

Sorry Karen its just so uuurrrrhhhh
06-25-2019, 08:19 AM - 4 Likes   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The KP custom was a side project. I'd be willing to bet that Pentax wouldn't waste the marketing potential of its anniversary by not releasing a new K-mount camera.

To answer the question in your original post, here is the most up-to-date and detailed information about what's likely to become the next Pentax DSLR:

QuoteQuote:
[The K-3 successor] is in development. It is being developed as the highest (flagship) model in the APS-C lineup. Although we cannot provide specific information such as specifications or a release date, it is planned to be a very attractive product for current K-3 users.
CP+ 2019 Pentax Interview - CP+ 2019 | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-25-2019, 08:23 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

None of us knows if and when the K-3II replacement will be released, Karen. Until then, our choices are (a) work with what's available right now, or (b) switch to a brand that offers what we want. I'm going with option (a) and I'm wasting no time or emotion on what I don't know

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-25-2019 at 08:35 AM.
06-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I don't think anyone outside of Ricoh has any information. The CP+ interviews & Kimio Tanaka's (Twitter / Photo of the Day) interview seem to point that 2020 will be the year for it. All my camera & lens purchases are on hold until that camera comes out. For now I wait patiently............
06-25-2019, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
]For God sake... Canon, Nikon,Sony, Fuji, Panasonic, Olympus , Leica...even Hasseblad had already...at least released the new product information,
Don't tell me Pentax will only release a custom KP as 100 anniversary's product, please

This year is very important for Pentax to catch the market, especially other brands are all focusing on mirrorless now, I hope Pentax can be insist on DSLR, however, timing is important...
You should sign up to the Pentax Japan newsletter. All the details are available to members including the release dates. I cannot say any more but keep Christmas free !
06-25-2019, 08:53 AM - 2 Likes   #7

“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”

― Lao Tsu, Tao Teh Ching

Patience, grasshopper....

06-25-2019, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Who knows the actually information about new aps-c flagship?
Very sensitive topic. We've lost Kenspo who was leaking generalities while certain people saw the truth between his words.
06-25-2019, 09:41 AM - 3 Likes   #9
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

actually information
I've heard it's going to be EXACTLY like the K-3ii, except with a swapable wooden grip, some baked-in user presets, and a plastic cover over the OVF housing to make it look like a K-30......

It might even be released in BLUE!

/s
06-25-2019, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This year is very important for Pentax to catch the market,
Why?
1) Pentax is NEVER going to "catch the market" in the manner you suggest. They simply do not have the resources
2) Pentax does not WANT to "catch the market", it simply makes no sense to them from a business perspective.
3) Pentax will release a new camera when and if it makes sense for them to do so. From their viewpoint. Not yours.
4) No one here (and quite possibly no one at Ricoh / Pentax) knows when / if a new camera will be released.
06-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #11
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
catch the market
I think by 'catch the market' they mean to 'capitalize on the obvious marketing opportunity revolving around the 100 yr anniversary'
and they don't mean 'Pentax must equal CanNikon'...

but I don't want to put words in their mouth...
06-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
I think by 'catch the market' they mean to 'capitalize on the obvious marketing opportunity revolving around the 100 yr anniversary'
I didn't read it that way. But I can see the possible alternative interpretation. Regardless, I don't think Pentax feels that the 100th anniversary is anything special as a marketing opportunity. Essentially they don't do marketing. I'm sure there will be something associated with the anniversary but I do not think it will have any impact on release dates. It will be released when ready, not when a marketing opportunity arises. Marketing is a Canon / Nikon / Sony thing. Pentax? Not so much.
06-25-2019, 10:18 AM - 3 Likes   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
and they don't mean 'Pentax must equal CanNikon'...

but I don't want to put words in their mouth...
The new cameras will have (r)evolutionary features in some ways and be quite pedestrian in others. I predict Pentax will schedule a conservative initial production run and - especially in the US - won’t meet pre-order demand. For all three.
06-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #14
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is my uninformed speculation: Pentax won't actually turn 100 until November 2019. That timing would be neat for the announcement followed by the new flagship to be in the stores by Christmas. As to why there are not many rumours, if Pentax wants maximum impact for its anniversary it makes sense to keep a new product under wraps until the time comes.

I have a K-3. I don't need anything else at the moment and I can't think of any improvement so spectacular that I would want to upgrade. There is nothing on the market from other manufacturers that points to a tectonic shift in camera technology.
06-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #15
Inactive Account

This is what I want to do whenever see them say, they can't give out more details or even hints about releast year or month. lol, K3 is like ... 6 years old model and discontinuted. it's not like everyone in the market looking to grab whatever secret might fall out of their mouth. It's 6 yearsssssss,

Last edited by tokyoscape; 06-25-2019 at 04:18 PM.