Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have M42, M, A, F, and FA glass, that all works just fine on my K-3 and K-1, and has always worked just fine on every Pentax digital body I've owned in the past. I'll concur with the other's.... sounds like operator error or buyers remorse.

06-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Never have had issues with my F50 1.8 or my F35-70 on either my KP or K-01.
06-28-2019, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
I have M42, M, A, F, and FA glass, that all works just fine on my K-3 and K-1, and has always worked just fine on every Pentax digital body I've owned in the past. I'll concur with the other's.... sounds like operator error or buyers remorse.
That is my experience too but before jumping to conclusions one should try and establish the facts. There may be a AF/FA problem with the buyers camera and he needs to adjust it. Until we know the exact facts we are just guessing.
06-28-2019, 01:06 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, I think I'm confident to re-list it for sale again, knowing the problem is unlikely to occur again. I really like the 75-90mm lenses for portraits, especially those with larger apertures. I've sold my Summilux 75 and Summarit 75 and 90, but still use a Zuiko 2/85 and a Nikon 1.4/85D. Thanks for all the replies.

06-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
Here is what the purchaser wrote to me:

C.
Well from that explanation, it sounds like the buyer is saying there's something wrong with the AF motor or clutch.

06-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by amstel78 Quote
Well from that explanation, it sounds like the buyer is saying there's something wrong with the AF motor or clutch.
But it's not wrong when I put the lens on my SF-1 body (nor on the remaining SF-10, since I just found a spare 2CR5 battery!). He tried it on two bodies, so not likely something wrong with both of them. I'm guessing the focus ring wasn't pushed all the way forward to fully engage the clutch or somesuch. Someone above did suggest buyer's remorse as a cause of a phantom mechanical problem, which is certainly possible. That buyer was a longstanding member with a massive number of posts (and I shall not name him in case any of these suggestions about user error or buyer's remorse are embarrassing to him), and I expect he knows what he's about. It may remain a mystery....
06-28-2019, 01:46 PM   #22

But it's not wrong when I put the lens on my SF-1 body (nor on the remaining SF-10, since I just found a spare 2CR5 battery!). He tried it on two bodies, so not likely something wrong with both of them. I'm guessing the focus ring wasn't pushed all the way forward to fully engage the clutch or somesuch. Someone above did suggest buyer's remorse as a cause of a phantom mechanical problem, which is certainly possible. That buyer was a longstanding member with a massive number of posts (and I shall not name him in case any of these suggestions about user error or buyer's remorse are embarrassing to him), and I expect he knows what he's about. It may remain a mystery....
Well if it works fine on two of your bodies, then I agree... either buyer's remorse or complete operator error. You shouldn't have a problem reselling.

06-28-2019, 01:59 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I know the buyer. He’s an honest actor and no BS, he was legit bummed and seriously looked into fixing the lens. Long time dream to own one of these and many tried to help him diagnose the problem. So here is my Serious Offer. Send me the lens. I’ll test it* on K-1, KP, K-5lls, K-01, K-10D, MZ-S and diagnose.

* If I said here ‘for a month’ it would be cute, but this is a serious offer.
06-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the offer, but under my circumstances time is of the essence for the sale.

C.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I know the buyer. He’s an honest actor and no BS, he was legit bummed and seriously looked into fixing the lens. Long time dream to own one of these and many tried to help him diagnose the problem. So here is my Serious Offer. Send me the lens. I’ll test it* on K-1, KP, K-5lls, K-01, K-10D, MZ-S and diagnose.

* If I said here ‘for a month’ it would be cute, but this is a serious offer.
06-28-2019, 05:14 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Mods: feel free to move this if I've picked the wrong forum.

I've been in the process of selling off lots of camera gear, not just my Pentax stuff. Amongst the Pentax lenses I sold through this site was a lovely FA 1.4/85mm lens that worked perfectly on my SF-10/SF-1/SF-1n/PZ-1 and MZ-S. The buyer reported back that it was broken and would not work on his cameras. It has returned to me, he has his refund, and it still works fine on my SF-1 (the other bodies are now sold). Apparently he tried it on K-1ii and KP cameras without success either in AF or MF modes. I'm hesitant to re-list it for sale as I don't want someone else to buy it and have the same problem. Are there compatibility issues for these older lenses and newer bodies?

Chris
I have an FA 28-105 which I purchased to be the primary lens on my K-30 as the aperture control issue developed. It works fine on my K-30 and it works fine on my KP {in fact, silver lens looks kind of cool on my silver KP}
06-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #26
Pentaxian

I wonder if it could have gotten damaged during shipping, somehow?
06-29-2019, 04:03 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I wonder if it could have gotten damaged during shipping, somehow?
And then 'undamaged' on the return journey?
06-29-2019, 05:40 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mods: feel free to move this if I've picked the wrong forum.

I've been in the process of selling off lots of camera gear, not just my Pentax stuff. Amongst the Pentax lenses I sold through this site was a lovely FA 1.4/85mm lens that worked perfectly on my SF-10/SF-1/SF-1n/PZ-1 and MZ-S. The buyer reported back that it was broken and would not work on his cameras. It has returned to me, he has his refund, and it still works fine on my SF-1 (the other bodies are now sold). Apparently he tried it on K-1ii and KP cameras without success either in AF or MF modes. I'm hesitant to re-list it for sale as I don't want someone else to buy it and have the same problem. Are there compatibility issues for these older lenses and newer bodies?

Chris
i have had no issues with Pentax film era lenses in fact i am still using some. but have had problems with Sigma file era lenses on the K1
Closed Thread