Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is my K-x LCD going bad?

Hello,

My beloved K-x is mostly used as a second camera or backup of the K5II. It's been a while (couple months) since I used it. I'll be covering an event later today. As part of the preparations, after getting the K5II ready, I took the K-x out. Fresh batteries and a quick walkaround the house/yard just to shake it up. After taking the very first picture, I noticed heavy vignetting in the preview. Hmm, is the lens ok? Is the hood crooked? I immediately thought something in the lens. By the way, it was my trusty F50-f1.7. But then I went thru the menus to check histograms and realized the problem is in the camera LCD. The corners are dark. Just to confirm I transferred the picture to my computer and sure enough, perfect, as expected from my favorite lens. In the grand scheme it is really not a big deal unless it gets worst to the point you can't see anything.
Has anyone seen this before? Is my beloved K-x dying?

Thanks,
Ismael

06-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
Forum Member

Did you check to make sure that no filters were applied? The Toy Camera filter applies a heavy vignette which is visible on the Jpeg preview but wouldn't show on the RAW file (unless you were opening it in PDCU). The other possibility is that the backlight is failing. What happens if you increase the screen brightness?