Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-28-2019, 11:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I went from K5 to KP, and that was a a major improvement, my friend got a K3, and for me was not as good the the K5 when I try for few day.

07-28-2019, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by dekao Quote
Hi guys, I am finally ready to replace my K-5.
I am considering upgrading to a K-3ii or a KP, which are in the same price range. The K-1 is therefore not an option.
Did any of you have gone to such upgrade?
I shoot mostly landscapes and sky. The K-3ii has the built-in O-GPS1 which is a positive factor but not a must, since I have the module for the K-5 which will probably work on the KP.
Does anyone know which module works better? the builtin in the K3 or external?
Any other considerations?
Like some of the other responders, I also have a K-5, K-3 & a KP. Each has advantages & disadvantages. I still like the K-5 for its low ISO setting of 80 & the stabilized video; the K-3 for the 2 card slots, the USB 3 & the 24 megapixels. The KP has very good low light image quality due to its high ISO range and has other advantages such as wifi, flash (unlike the K-3 II) the 3rd control dial & the pixel-shift feature. I prefer the ergonomics of the K-5 & the K-3, which I consider to be near perfect, over the ergonomics of the KP but after getting use to the KP's handling I don't mind it compared to the other 2 which I intend to keep & still use. I think if you get the KP you will be pleased with it once you get used to it.
08-08-2019, 01:58 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am in a similar position debating on whether or not to go for a KP. It is very nice but is it really worth that much more than the K70. The price difference between the KP and a used K1 in the UK is so small that I am finding hard to justify the KP over the K70 or a used K1
08-09-2019, 07:19 AM   #19
Forum Member

As a K3 user I will be waiting till November if Pentax releases a new APS-C flagship...