Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #76
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The October 2008 issue of Hemming's Classic Car has a feature article on the Edsel. One of the quotes pretty much sums it up and would be a nice comeback - "Ford's advanced all-American antomobile that was way ahead of its time". Actually, I'd really like to own one!!

10-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #77
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Next time you hit this problem, try holding the branch down a bit to put it in a more photogenic position.
Good point but easier said than done Albert. I was on one rock and it was growing in the crack between two other rocks. My wife would have gone wading to do that. "Excuse me dear but would you wade over there and hold that offending branch down? Oh and be sure to look out for copperheads and water moccasins while you're at it." LOL It was 60 miles back home, she had the car keys and I didn't feel like walking.

CW
10-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
Good point but easier said than done Albert. I was on one rock and it was growing in the crack between two other rocks. My wife would have gone wading to do that. "Excuse me dear but would you wade over there and hold that offending branch down? Oh and be sure to look out for copperheads and water moccasins while you're at it." LOL It was 60 miles back home, she had the car keys and I didn't feel like walking.

CW
It looked closer to the camera than that, to me! Your choice was, in this case, obvious. Make absolutely certain when you display the image in class that you chose to have that photogenic branch there to accent the running water. If you have lemons, make lemonade. It's much better to be a weird photographer than a "bad" photographer.
10-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
It looked closer to the camera than that, to me! Your choice was, in this case, obvious. Make absolutely certain when you display the image in class that you chose to have that photogenic branch there to accent the running water. If you have lemons, make lemonade. It's much better to be a weird photographer than a "bad" photographer.
Or merely state that your intent was to create the illusion of a secluded, forbidden paradise. And to extend on Albert's quip - if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t.

10-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #80
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
And to extend on Albert's quip - if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t.
ROFL Did that one time in college when I wrote a term paper on Magna Carta and It's Effect on Modern Law.

I'll try that with this one.

CW