Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
08-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Profile says K10D. Kevin has also posted recent images with that camera.
Thanks Des,I was posting from my iPhone so can’t see his profile,posting history ,etc.

08-18-2019, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow. Coming from the K10D will be a major performance jump. Numerous new features also. If not having previous experience with smaller bodies, this factor with the KP would normally take some acclimation, but worth it. The K10D and K20D (which I also have- bought new years ago) are larger even than the K-5 and K-3 series, so quite a difference in going to a KP. The KP, however, is a great handling camera, and it looks like you will have no problem adapting, Kevin, as I notice what looks to be an ME Super body outline as your I D photo!
08-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Wow. Coming from the K10D will be a major performance jump. Numerous new features also. If not having previous experience with smaller bodies, this factor with the KP would normally take some acclimation, but worth it. The K10D and K20D (which I also have- bought new years ago) are larger even than the K-5 and K-3 series, so quite a difference in going to a KP. The KP, however, is a great handling camera,
Having gone from a K10D to KP, I can attest to everything you've written.
08-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well UPS handed my camera off to a neighbor somewhere in my townhome community who signed for the kit as me (although he spelled my name wrong). I was on the phone most of the morning with UPS and had a chat with the folks at ADORAMA. Looks like there will be a 7 to 10 day investigation before a determination is reached on how they will proceed.

This was ADORAMA"S final reply to me this afternoon:

Hi Kevin,

We apologize if you did not receive the package.

I already submitted a request to file a lost trace.
The investigation will take 7-10 business days.
But we will let you know as soon as we receive the update.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.
Sincerely,
Clark O.
Customer Care Associate
(800)223-2500 or (212)741-0401

I asked UPS why they didn't ask for an ID upon signature. The reply was "sometimes they do". Seriously! My camera was snatched by a neighbor who apparently will get away with it with no consequences.

I did file a police report, but little good that does when there is no definitive answer from UPS to where exactly that package was delivered.

08-19-2019, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good grief!! No, they do not usually ask for ID, but they are supposed to check to make sure they have the address right! Perhaps the driver could remember which residence he mistakenly chose to deliver the package. As to signature, any scribble is usually accepted. It would make anyone uncomfortable, to realize a neighbor like that is lurking!

Fox Lake, IL? I am a bit surprised that would happen, considering the kind of area the name suggests, although I know there are dishonest people everywhere. I have 32 years in the Michigan Court System- downtown Detroit, now retired. We had plenty of those to deal with and a lot worse. Sorry for your misfortune! I would expect that UPS bears the blame here. Hopefully, this will soon be resolved and you will receive your new KP!
08-19-2019, 05:34 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Good grief!! No, they do not usually ask for ID, but they are supposed to check to make sure they have the address right! Perhaps the driver could remember which residence he mistakenly chose to deliver the package. As to signature, any scribble is usually accepted. It would make anyone uncomfortable, to realize a neighbor like that is lurking!

Fox Lake, IL? I am a bit surprised that would happen, considering the kind of area the name suggests, although I know there are dishonest people everywhere. I have 32 years in the Michigan Court System- downtown Detroit, now retired. We had plenty of those to deal with and a lot worse. Sorry for your misfortune! I would expect that UPS bears the blame here. Hopefully, this will soon be resolved and you will receive your new KP!
Completely the drivers fault. ID upon signature should be required, very expensive items pass through UPS and I trust them to do their job properly. The confusion in this Townhome complex is we have a building marked in 1/2 numbers, so 140 and 140 1/2 can be confusing. I am fairly certain I know who snagged the package but I cannot prove anything without the driver verifying which door he handed the package to.

UPS seems to be resigned to having the investigation as required by company rules, then reimbursing ADORAMA after the 7 to 10 day time period. They wouldn't send the driver back to the complex today, so once again that's ON THEM.

the signature was signed Eckstom… I have No idea who Eckstom is, but I do know he is not me.

Last edited by kevinWE; 08-19-2019 at 05:42 PM.
08-29-2019, 02:29 PM   #22

QuoteQuote:

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and upgrading now. I'm sticking to APS-C, so my options are K70 or KP.

I'm leaning towards the KP, but that battery just drive me NUTS!
I took 730 pictures in RAW at the weekend and the battery icon only started to show half charge after downloading direct to my PC. Impressed I was .

Also I have both the KP and the K70 which I think is a step back from the Ks2 and I have to say the KP is now my go to camera.

08-30-2019, 10:37 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigbaz Quote
I took 730 pictures in RAW at the weekend and the battery icon only started to show half charge after downloading direct to my PC. Impressed I was .

Also I have both the KP and the K70 which I think is a step back from the Ks2 and I have to say the KP is now my go to camera.
Have and like the remarkably small and lightweight K-S2, and I definitely agree regarding the KP, which is my overall favorite. But I find your statement regarding the K-70 interesting- how is it a step back from the K-S2?
09-04-2019, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
GOOD NEWS FOR ME!

Adorama contacted me via email this morning. Looks like a new package is on the way and was overnighted. I should finally see my camera Thursday morning. I will be sitting on the stoop this time, patiently waiting while drinking a nice hot cup of coffee.

Last edited by kevinWE; 09-04-2019 at 04:39 PM.
09-04-2019, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kevinWE Quote
GOOD NEWS FOR ME!

Adorama contacted me via email this morning. Looks like a new package is on the way and was overnighted. I should finally see my camera Thursday morning. I will be sitting on the stoop this time, patiently waiting while drinking a nice hot cup of coffee.
Good to hear you have it sorted Kevin. Unbelievable that a neighbour can be so dishonest.
I would have walked over, knocked, and said: "I understand you signed for my package."
09-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #26
Pentaxian

GOOD NEWS FOR ME!

There's always the option of having UPS hold it at a facility.
09-04-2019, 08:15 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
There's always the option of having UPS hold it at a facility.
Yup, that's what I almost always do.
09-05-2019, 03:09 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Good to hear you have it sorted Kevin. Unbelievable that a neighbour can be so dishonest.
I would have walked over, knocked, and said: "I understand you signed for my package."
I have NO proof of which door the package was handed to. UPS did not send the driver back to verify. I did file a police report and I did kindly ask several neighbors about the package and they all denied knowing anything. So, not much I could do at that point except wait for UPS to investigate on their end.

---------- Post added 09-05-19 at 03:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Yup, that's what I almost always do.
I asked Adorama if they could do this. They wanted me to contact the Palatine facility and make sure that pick-ups were allowed at that location, which meant I had to get back on the phone with UPS and waste more time I didn't have to waste. Dealing with UPS takes some time, usually they tell you to expect a call back within an hour. It's not the smoothest operation in customer service and is generally a headache. So, I opted to be here, outside on the stoop early this A.M waiting. UPS generally will not arrive before 9:00 am, so I will be home early today and wait on the stoop.
09-05-2019, 04:16 AM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have NO proof of which door the package was handed to. UPS did not send the driver back to verify. I did file a police report and I did kindly ask several neighbors about the package and they all denied knowing anything. So, not much I could do at that point except wait for UPS to investigate on their end.

---------- Post added 09-05-19 at 03:14 AM ----------

I asked Adorama if they could do this. They wanted me to contact the Palatine facility and make sure that pick-ups were allowed at that location, which meant I had to get back on the phone with UPS and waste more time I didn't have to waste. Dealing with UPS takes some time, usually they tell you to expect a call back within an hour. It's not the smoothest operation in customer service and is generally a headache. So, I opted to be here, outside on the stoop early this A.M waiting. UPS generally will not arrive before 9:00 am, so I will be home early today and wait on the stoop.
Sorry to hear you had to go through this. I recently had to chase a package halfway around town as it was delivered to the wrong address. Luckily it was a low value item.
09-05-2019, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I received the package and have walked through the basics of the KP. I put the largest grip on the camera and it feels fine to me. I know there have been many complaints about the grips not being comfortable, I am happy that I did not fall into that category.

My two cameras for size comparison.