Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2019, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinWE Quote
GOOD NEWS FOR ME!

Adorama contacted me via email this morning. Looks like a new package is on the way and was overnighted. I should finally see my camera Thursday morning. I will be sitting on the stoop this time, patiently waiting while drinking a nice hot cup of coffee.
Good to hear it's getting sorted mate. Crazy how your neighbours could be so dishonest, I guess they just thought it was a score.
We've been quite lucky here with parcels, however the postie did leave my Sigma 50-500mm on the doorstep the other week, along with my son's birthday present. We have a doorbell camera which is great to see and record movement and people at your door.

09-05-2019, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful! It is so compact next to your K10D. but what a mighty mouse it is! A real photographic powerhouse. With your background, I was pretty sure you would find adjusting to the size difference and grip to be no obstacle.

If you like to at times shoot in highest JPEG mode for convenience, the KP does an exceptional job turning out quality results. I recommend going into the Custom Image menus to implement "Fine Sharpening", at least in the standard default "Bright" category. First, be sure your mode dial is not set to the green Auto mode, as this mode disallows most adjustments and disables many controls. Setting it to the "P" mode is fine.

The Custom Image menus and other adjustments are quickly accessed via the info button as a shortcut without having to page through all of the menus. Then the 4-buttons around the ok button become navigational buttons. It is probably already on this section, being the second one. Then hit ok to open this section. The "Bright" category is probably already chosen by default. You don't want the camera set on the first, which is Auto Custom Image, as it would be if your camera's mode dial is set on Green Auto. That would allow the camera to select any of the Custom Image palettes, according to what it thinks best for the scene and use at hand. You want the "Bright" section for most uses, and to be able to choose others as you wish when needed. Then hit info again to open its menu, tab down to Sharpening, set "F" by the "S" for "Fine Sharpening" by using the thumb dial, then hit ok and you have done it. Just turn off the camera which will immediately exit the adjustments screen. Enjoy!

Last edited by mikesbike; 09-05-2019 at 07:18 PM.