Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #1

Lens Contacts

Hi all

Today I took my new DA 50 - 135 F2.8 lens out for a trial, and what a magnificant lens it is. However I found it wasn't always communicating with the body and that I had to take it off and remount it to get it all going. I've now cleaned the contacts and made sure that when I mount it I give it a good twist and all appear OK now.

However when I checked the contacts I found one on my camera looked odd. The camera is a K10D and if I look at the front of it at the six o'clock position is a screw head. Moving to the left up to about the "twenty to" position are seven contacts, six of these take the form of a spring loaded dome headed pin that protrude slightly above the mounting ring. One of them, the fifth one, appears not to be so domed and to be recessed somewhat. Is this normal or do I have a stuck contact. Any comment welcome. Everything seems to be working but I am concerned that one of the contacts is different.

Regards
Brian

10-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have a K20D and it's the same...5th one recessed. I haven't had any AF/communication problems. From what you said, the lens must not have been connected into a locked position, which was fixed by remounting.

Would enjoy seeing some of your pics of CHCH...it's my hometown.

Last edited by dazman; 10-12-2008 at 03:34 AM.
10-12-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That contact mates to the retractable contact on A series lenses (the ones with aperture rings).
There is nothing wrong with your camera.
10-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Dazman and Wheatfield, sets my mind at rest.

Daxman, I don't have a lot of ChCh itself, all my work is just trying out the system and seeing what it will do, hence many chuck outs. However I've reduced a selection to 800x536 and if the attachment works (haven't done this before) there are some you may find interesting though bear in mind these are all experimental - but I suppose much of photography is. There are a couple of the New Brighton Pier I have and I'll try and load these on the next post.

cheers
Brian

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo     
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #5

Original Poster
Three more Dazman.

Regards
Brian
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow. Some great images there Brian. The one below the New Brighton Pier is fantastic as is the first one...Hagley Park near the college if I remember correctly?
ChCh still looks as beautiful as ever...now I'm homesick!
Thanks for the sharing your photos.
Daz