Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #1

Kp - multi awb vs awb

Hi everybody,

After two week of KP, and many shots, I can't find any difference between the two settings (AWB & MAWB)... at least on the KP lcd (I'm on holiday and I can't watch them on a monitor) ...(I take the picture in daylight or shadow or under a tungsten light in a room...not at night) ...

I run the last update firmware

Is multi auto White balance effective only in certains situations or is my camera that have some bug?

08-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chosa Quote
Is multi auto White balance effective only in certains situations
When you have mixed light sources.
08-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi everybody,

After two week of KP, and many shots, I can't find any difference between the two settings (AWB & MAWB)... at least on the KP lcd (I'm on holiday and I can't watch them on a monitor) ...(I take the picture in daylight or shadow or under a tungsten light in a room...not at night) ...

I run the last update firmware

Is multi auto White balance effective only in certains situations or is my camera that have some bug?
On my K-3 I keep mine in multi Auto White Balance all the time and have seen no detrimental effects since 2014. Just leave it in multi and shoot.
08-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess it depends on one's expectations. My experience is that it produces results similar to regular AWB when used for regular shooting. That said, I have not tried it with serious mixed lighting (say street shooting at night). One of my rainy day projects may be to do a controlled setup with mixed lighting in the frame (e.g. tungsten and daylight LED) to see how results differ.

Steve