Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2019, 02:40 AM   #1

CR-V3 Batteries in a K110D - which way up!!

Can't believe I have to ask such a daft question but I've only just bought a K110D and I'm worried I might damage it if I get it wrong. AA's are clearly marked as up or down but the CR's don't have top or bottom terminals. Help appreciated. Cheers

09-02-2019, 03:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CR-V3 are always marked as to which terminal is a the + and which is the -. I was not aware that one can use CR-V3 batteries in a K110D.
The manual mentions that non-rechargeable CR-V3 batteries can be used, but the manual does not show how to insert those.
09-02-2019, 03:07 AM   #3

All the photos of CR-V3 batteries I've looked at show a (+) marker on one of the terminals. Since the shape of the battery is "keyed" it can only go in one way with the positive (+) terminal in the right position. Without looking at the manual I would think the terminal end of the battery would go into the camera because the contacts on the door would just be a bridge or a single piece. You can check to see if there are no wires or strip connectors running from the camera body and door.

Download the manual here:
Pentax K110D - Downloads - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S

Note: in the long run the most economical solution is to use rechargeable AA Ni-MH cells like Eneloops. If the camera eventually dies on you you can use the batteries in dozens of other devices.

Last edited by Not a Number; 09-02-2019 at 03:39 AM.
09-02-2019, 04:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies folks didn't realise the batteries will only go in one way and also just noticed that deep inside the battery compartment is an illustration showing how to insert them!! Doh!!

Have bought some Eneloops as well but had already bought the CRV's so may as well use em up. Cheers.

09-02-2019, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

The CR-V3s should last months! I used to use them in my *ist DS.