Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

he was just getting bored, and thought "hey why not make a new pentax bash type post, so everyone will get on my case again"

must be nice to have that much time to play with. im having trouble processing shots from 2 months ago, let alone do some sort of ultimate answer blog to life and everything as we know it in relation to pentax and how much I think they suck compared to my toe cheese..........

03-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I never knew the task of choosing batteries was so technical.
03-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #18
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thmitch Quote
More specifically it is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Terry
Actually - 42 is the answer to the ultimate question - the computer Deep-Thought (which I am using right now) came up with the answer - but it had to create the planet earth to come up with the ultimate question.
The ultimate question is still unknown - but we know the answer - sort of like going to the restaurant at the end of the universe to ask yourself what you did last night.
PDL
03-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
RH.. useing terminology like "the ultimate answer to all xxxx" is another example of english not being your true language dude..

true english speakers know the ultimate answer to anything is "42".. trying to make out u have it and it isnt "42" will just make u the subject of ridicule..

trog
I'm curious to know why the number "42" is used for the answer to the "meaning of life". TIA for enlightening me! :-)

03-03-2007, 01:55 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
I never knew the task of choosing batteries was so technical.
Actually it is. And the power source is the fundamental of how an electronics device shoudl work and be designed.

So, the design of power circuit and the selection of power sources by the design engineer, should be very important.
03-03-2007, 02:01 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
RH your article was interesting reading but I found that your assertions and conclusions don't jibe with my experiences, and it seems with those of others on this board.
But how about the quoted Dpreview forum post and the answer from Pentax in the beginning of my article? As well as all those questions asked by different "AA battery" Pentax DSLR users over all these 3 years?

Afterall,the number of shots can vary very different for different usage habit and applications. So, the fair comparison is to compare NiMH again Lithiums and the problems we can see, i.e., slower AF, battery warning of half depleted and extensive use of LCD or in bulb mode the camera will be shut off very fast, etc.

In the end, I'm sure if we all do what the Pentax rep suggested (in short, just use the DSLRs as film ones), the number of shots will be a large number!
03-03-2007, 02:32 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FLASH Quote
What, pray tell, are eneloops?

Flash - check this site out. Basically eneloops hold their charge way longer than standard nMHs

03-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Excellent page Arp The eneloope and the Hybrid are the choice I have made for my camera. And they are the battery for the 21st century.
03-03-2007, 05:02 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Hi Dave,
Have you tried the Eneloops in a flash yet? How do they perform?
03-03-2007, 05:03 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I didn't realize how many Doug Adams fans we have on this forum
03-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Knowing your personality Micheal, I'm not sure how you would react to his writing, but the 4 books in this series are the funniest bit of satire I've ever read.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
03-03-2007, 05:47 AM   #27
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Hi Dave,
I have used Eneloops in my AF 500 FTZ, mainly i used to Use my old Energizer Lithiums (the ones that i had used in the camera, *ist DS, and depleted, most found homes in remote controls and my electric tooth brush) in the Flash and get about 80 shots out of it. With the eneloops at this stage i am unsure but it seems to be giving reasonable performance, though there are some confusion issues as the batteries approach discharge the flash head wont zoom properly etc.
03-03-2007, 07:18 AM   #28
Inactive Account

Hi Dave,
To tell you the truth Alan I have not used them in my flash. I rarely use my flash ans never leave batteries in it. but when I do use it I'll try the eneloops or put some hybrid in and give them a whirl.

Off topic here but How about a DC shoot some where around late April early May. Or we could do Annapolis if you like.?
03-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote

Off topic here but How about a DC shoot some where around late April early May. Or we could do Annapolis if you like.?
you should start an entirely new thread on that, so it's cut and clear....

would be nice.....
03-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Knowing your personality Micheal, I'm not sure how you would react to his writing, but the 4 books in this series are the funniest bit of satire I've ever read.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ah but you are forgetting the fifth book...'Mostly Harmless' So do people from Belgium read Douglas Adams? Should I bleep Belgium?