Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I bought my replacement eye cup on eBay last month and it still hasn't arrived. Sometimes super bargains in eBay end up to be hoax. I hope I haven't been swindled.

10-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Yeah, mine's about half-broken now. I think for me it's the tendency to swing a bit on the sling strap.
I use sling strap too but don't see any problem has caused to the eyecup, only that the battery grip power easily turn on by itself and triggered couple shots when I swing the camera, this is a problem I complain about and asked for a new design on the new grip in up coming models.
11-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
JJC has an eyecup that is a lot like the original non-magnifying one. They call it Model EP-FR and I got it for $8 on Amazon. They list it for the K-50 and other mid-tier cameras. I think I'm cramming my camera into my backpack wrong which tears the cup; I didn't wear them out before.
11-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #19
Pentaxian

If my order doesn't arrive on the 14th, I'll give the seller a negative feedback and order JJC. If it doesn't arrive I'm sure I've been fooled. You can't trust some of eBay sellers.

03-16-2023, 11:33 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Just resurrecting this thread. With the original eyecup no longer available, I took a chance on the JJC EP-FR eyecup available on ebay. It took about 3-4 weeks to arrive, but it seems rather good and fits my K3.

(It does have the small gap at the top to fit the sliding diopter adjustment found on the K7 and similar, although it's not that noticeable and has no effect in use.)

I have used the O-ME53 many times, however it reduces brightness at the edges of the view, which reduces my ability to pay attention to framing.