Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2019, 08:51 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Occasionally I have had students who haven't heard of Pentax, Leica, Hasselblad, or Rollei. I do what I can to remedy their ignorance.[COLOR="Silver"]
Based on your exhaustive knowledge on many topics that I have seen in evidence in this forum, I would think you must provide an enlightening and interesting lecturing experience!

11-09-2019, 09:27 PM - 1 Like   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I suspect there's more brand recognition in other markets, like Japan. But here, you have to work pretty hard to find a Pentax. Very few camera stores stock Pentax and the local importer / agent is practically useless.
I'll agree with that. You can count the number of retailers selling Pentax in New Zealand on one hand.

As for the distributor here, I purchased a K-70 on the 21st of October, the distributor had no K-70s in stock. I'm still waiting.
11-11-2019, 12:56 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwidave Quote
I'll agree with that. You can count the number of retailers selling Pentax in New Zealand on one hand.

As for the distributor here, I purchased a K-70 on the 21st of October, the distributor had no K-70s in stock. I'm still waiting.
Which explains why so many of us buy from Adorama and B&H.
11-11-2019, 06:20 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwidave Quote
What's funny is that Pentax users seem to instinctively find one another. At my small company (100 employees), there are no less than 4 DSLR Pentax users, and at least three people own a Ricoh WG camera.

11-11-2019, 06:37 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Based on your exhaustive knowledge on many topics that I have seen in evidence in this forum, I would think you must provide an enlightening and interesting lecturing experience!
There has been talk of putting together a pentax forums podcast, quite a few people latched on to the Idea.
11-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #36
Veteran Member

There has been talk of putting together a pentax forums podcast, quite a few people latched on to the Idea.
Your beard could be a co-star!
11-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, please, do that!

11-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Expecting the famous Pentax marketing team to do anything is a bit futile, these guys could hold the cure for the worst maladies on earth and people would still be in the dark about it.

Occasionally I have had students who haven't heard of Pentax, Leica, Hasselblad, or Rollei. I do what I can to remedy their ignorance.

---------- Post added 2019-10-04 at 02:19 PM ----------

Not a chance, many advertisers already know how to game the system particularly SONY™.
Interesting that you mention "these guys" as though there is more than one member of the advertising "team." And here, to this point, I had always assumed there was one person charged with advertising, as well as janitorial duties at the Pentax Vietnam plant and he was just doing the best he could.
11-11-2019, 07:44 AM - 3 Likes   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I signed up for my company’s 401K but I’m nervous. I’ve never run that far before.

I was at the dog park with Bandit and Tara’s pack of dogs just yesterday with my K70 w/ the 55-300PLM mounted. We crossed trails with another dog owner who, on seeing my DSLR, asked, “Canon or Nikon?”

I said, “I used to shoot Canon in the film days but went with Pentax digital since 2007.“
11-11-2019, 07:51 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'd listen to such a podcast...
11-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

do often wonder how many more Pentax cameras would be in use if Pentax did just a little bit of marketing to show off what their products can do. These photogs both did not even realise that Pentax still existed. Pretty sad really.
I've had a few similar experiences, most Canikon toting 'togs are impressed by the K-1 when they get to see it, but few of them have encountered a Pentaxian in the wild.
11-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Brilliant idea! I look forward to it.
11-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #43

Didn't Pentax once have "brand ambassadors", or am I imagining/mistaking that?
11-11-2019, 03:29 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They did.
11-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
WR is one of the main reasons I chose Pentax. I'm a rugged person. At least when I was a lot younger I did a lot of outdoor sports. I like rugged things. I don't like things that need special care or attention.
the WR was a big factor for me as well.
I hope you and others like you will consider posting on the Pentax Forum thread here