Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Pentaxian

K3 grip battery selection problem

Hi there,

I mount the grip all the time, and I set the grip battery as primary power source, so that when the grip battery done I can simply remove the grip and keep shooting, especially in the rain I don't want to open the camera cover to replace the battery that's logical right ! I suppose the auto battery switch will work properly when the grip battery done so that I don't have to remove the grip to switch but that didn't seems to work, it is always that the display show blinking empty battery I have to turn off and on the camera to make it switch battery is this normal ?

10-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the grip? It's possible that there's a loose connection that's causing the battery indication.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the grip? It's possible that there's a loose connection that's causing the battery indication.
Sure will try, the whole set has been used heavily and I am looking for a replacement here