Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2019, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
So when the new APS-C flagship comes, will you keep your current camera and buy the new one or sell your camera and upgrade?

Personally, I might go either route. I don't really need 2 cameras but occasionally I've felt as though I could've used 2 cameras in certain situations.
I would keep my current KP to back the new one up, just as I have been doing for fifty years now - but since my KP is only ten months old, I'm not sure I can see any point to purchasing a new camera right now.

10-18-2019, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #167
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Cropped pixel peeping silly:
This series is seriously impressive. Thanks for posting this.

---------- Post added 10-18-19 at 01:01 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I would keep my current KP to back the new one up, just as I have been doing for fifty years now - but since my KP is only ten months old, I'm not sure I can see any point to purchasing a new camera right now.
I think a hybrid viewfinder would bring many people who just purchased a camera to think about buying the new one
Let's hope the rumours are true!
10-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will dispose of my K7 and my K5 cameras and perhaps wait a bit longer to sell the K3.
While I'm at it, I might even let my little Fuji XE-2 go !
10-18-2019, 12:42 PM   #169
Veteran Member

Seeing as I would buy a new K3II right now if they were available new, I guess I'm probably in for the new K3 mark III. And not selling anything except maybe an Oly EM1 Mark II, or maybe not.

10-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Will I sell my current camera when the new K comes?

No, I'll pass it on to the next generation.
10-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #171
Veteran Member

Price of this K-new will be the triggering point. I have no doubts this newcomer will be stacked features wise.
I am more and more afraid it will be introduced above 1500 EUR which I think is too high for my liking right now.
I am happy with my KP and could be tempted to buy a KP II in 2 or 3 years, would it embed K-new features.
Edit: I like how KP is compact so no wish to sell it anytime soon
10-18-2019, 01:45 PM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

AF performance and image write speeds will determine it for me. Since I still have my Mamiya/Sekor 500 DTL from some 50 years ago I will not sell any particular camera that I have.

I have a K1 and K1-II at the moment too so this would be a wildlife land sports camera if it fits that spot for me. Also a K5-IIs and a K3 on the shelf.

Over the years I have donated a few cameras for a worthy cause so I am always keeping an eye open that way.

10-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another K-1 owner here so probably not.

Still have a K-5 and K-01 for APS-C but since having the K-1 I have not used the K-5 at all (have used the K-01 on 3 overseas trips as its such a small & light system with great IQ). As Mark said the K-1 actually performs remarkably well with APS-C lenses too (better than you would expect given the 15 MP resolution).
10-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #174

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
So when the new APS-C flagship comes, will you keep your current camera and buy the new one or sell your camera and upgrade?

Personally, I might go either route. I don't really need 2 cameras but occasionally I've felt as though I could've used 2 cameras in certain situations.
I had tried to sell my K-50 when I got my KP, but no one was interested in buying from me.
Also, I'm not quite whether I will get the new K-mount APS-C camera. My KP serves me well for the most part. So, I guess the answer is "No" for now. I will wait and see what the new one will offer me.
10-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #175
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've only done the "buy a new camera, sell the old camera" strategy once and I came to regret it.

Keeping the old camera has a number of benefits:
1) provides a back-up if the new one has a problem
2) makes a great second camera for those situations
3) nostalgia!

After subtracting the costs/hassles, the money I could get for my old camera is less than the value of old camera to me.
10-18-2019, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Another K-1 owner here so probably not.

Still have a K-5 and K-01 for APS-C but since having the K-1 I have not used the K-5 at all (have used the K-01 on 3 overseas trips as its such a small & light system with great IQ). As Mark said the K-1 actually performs remarkably well with APS-C lenses too (better than you would expect given the 15 MP resolution).
+1

If i were to upgrade a camera it would be K-1. I would keep KP even if I bought the K-new a few months after release, but to do that I would have to completely change camera and lens hoarding philosophy and sell K10D, K-01, K-S1, K-5lls, GR and some film cameras (I should do that now anyway ).

The smart thing for me to do would be to sell the old bodies now and wait for the next full upgrade of the FF line, so 2021?
10-19-2019, 12:12 AM   #177
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Thought the word sell around here was a dirty word... unless It’s applied the images.
10-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #178

Probably not sell, but my K-3 would be my backup body
10-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #179
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
What I mean by that is that you think: It's this many pixels, but then it seems so much better than you'd think for that many pixels.

Have a look at these images from the K-1:
Well, you definitely nailed the focus

Seriously, that's amazing detail by any standards. Remarkable!!
10-20-2019, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #180
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
This series is seriously impressive. Thanks for posting this.[COLOR="Silver"]
Thank you!