Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 140 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #361
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
That is serious loyalty!
Thank you! I forgot to mention that I have a K10D as well.

01-12-2020, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #362
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
K10D is a tank, very well build. My father has one since 2007 and still rocking
When I bought it I was trying to choose between it and a 4/3 Olympus, I think it was an E-500. Initially I felt more attracted to the Olympus because my love for photography was born with a film Oly, the OM10. Also, when I held them in my hands the Oly felt more ergonomic. But the Pentax felt indestructible, something very useful outdoors. So I choose the K10D and the only complain I had was its low light performance. Now, after ten years, it looks still new, and the battery keeps its charge for months if not used. An excellent product.
01-13-2020, 08:32 AM   #363
Veteran Member

Till now I was never convinced by the phrase "new" to buy products.
That will not change when the new APSC Pentax will become available.

The K5ii still amazes me with options and image quality.
Got some older Pentax lenses and a Sigma 17-50 to shoot the things that I need.
No reason to look further, no reason to upgrade to FF either.
02-03-2020, 12:02 AM - 1 Like   #364
Veteran Member

Do not think so. I am perfectly happy with the K5II I got.
That body fills all my needs.

02-03-2020, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #365
Pentaxian

If Ricoh comes up with some exchange deal for my K-1, I might certainly consider swapping it for K-New. After almost 2 years of shooting FF, I'm more than certain that it's an overkill for me.
02-03-2020, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #366
Veteran Member

How can I be tempted to buy an new toy when I have no idea what that new toy offers?

I am perfectly happy with the K5II i bought a couple of months ago.
Even bought the Sigma 17-50/2.8 lens to enjoy the pleasure of AF with HSM.
Most of the time I use MF lenses, I like the older A series macro lenses.

Not much chance I will go for the new APS-C flagship.
More chance I will get me a K10D after so many positive comments of that body.
02-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #367
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
If Ricoh comes up with some exchange deal for my K-1, I might certainly consider swapping it for K-New. After almost 2 years of shooting FF, I'm more than certain that it's an overkill for me.
I hear you. I am still delighted with the images I get my K-5 IIs, along with its excellent on-body controls set, and beyond delighted- even amazed by my wonderful KP. I might eventually include the next FF model, only reason being that I own some very fine FF lenses I would like to use in the FOV they were designed for. There is no equally-performing equivalent lens for APS-C like the FA 35m f/2, FA 31mm f/1.8 LTD, or the FA 43mm f/1.9 LTD, to name 3 examples. I can even get fine results right out of the camera with my APS-C bodies, especially the KP. I'd like to see a FF designed with similar output options and capabilities.

Otherwise, if did not have these lenses, I doubt that I would consider getting a FF body, in view of the excellence I am already getting. The new APS-C flagship will really have to be something to get me to replace my K-5 IIs. I am reasonably sure it will offer very impressive updates, but that does not mean the updates will be meaningful in what I do, or cannot be arrived at just as well with what I now have.

02-04-2020, 09:24 AM   #368
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I hear you. I am still delighted with the images I get my K-5 IIs, along with its excellent on-body controls set, and beyond delighted- even amazed by my wonderful KP. I might eventually include the next FF model, only reason being that I own some very fine FF lenses I would like to use in the FOV they were designed for. There is no equally-performing equivalent lens for APS-C like the FA 35m f/2, FA 31mm f/1.8 LTD, or the FA 43mm f/1.9 LTD, to name 3 examples. I can even get fine results right out of the camera with my APS-C bodies, especially the KP. I'd like to see a FF designed with similar output options and capabilities.

Otherwise, if did not have these lenses, I doubt that I would consider getting a FF body, in view of the excellence I am already getting. The new APS-C flagship will really have to be something to get me to replace my K-5 IIs. I am reasonably sure it will offer very impressive updates, but that does not mean the updates will be meaningful in what I do, or cannot be arrived at just as well with what I now have.

I confirm. Pentax KP is very wonderful. I don't know K5II, in its heyday I had K20D. It was also wonderful, but much less wonderful than KP, which is very wonderful
02-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #369
Site Supporter

The Kp has everything
No need to buy a n expensive new Pentax dslr
Don’t make a better photo with a flagship

My two cents

Last edited by Riddler; 02-04-2020 at 09:49 AM.
02-04-2020, 02:15 PM - 2 Likes   #370
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Thank you! I forgot to mention that I have a K10D as well.

That is plain cheating!
How can I trust a guy that just forgets he also owns a K10d?

Last edited by Fluegel; 02-04-2020 at 02:36 PM.
02-04-2020, 03:15 PM   #371
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fluegel Quote
That is plain cheating!
How can I trust a guy that just forgets he also owns a K10d?
I suggest you trust him conditionally. This, however, is our Pentaxian colleague
02-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #372
Veteran Member

Only because you say so.
05-16-2021, 07:05 PM   #373

Will you sell your current camera when the new K comes?

Just came across this old post, touches a question I’ve always had.
In all my years, since high school, it’s been a one way street. Bought plenty of new and used, thanks to KEH and Robert’s Camera.
05-17-2021, 12:21 AM   #374
Veteran Member

Interesting thought. Things have changed a lot in the DSLR world, and that has impacted this question I think.

My answer would have been a resounding Yes when this thread was started. And indeed I always sold my old body when getting a new one. But that "old" one was 2 or 3 years old in those days when new bodies came in a constant flow. And they were in good enough shape to be sold second hand for slightly less than half the original price. That was always a good deal for the new owner and allowed me to finance my upgrades nicely.

Nowadays, with the DSLR market moving much slower, my "old" body is really old. It has been beating up much more, though it still works fine and will probably do so for a long time. Getting a second hand price for it that is worth something for me is not possible I think. So I went a different route and had the old one converted to full spectrum for infrared photography. Another reason why I did this, is because the practical difference between generations is getting smaller and smaller, and as such even if the camera is as old as it is, it has many more years in it compared to previous "old" DSLRs.
05-17-2021, 03:12 AM   #375
Veteran Member

My K3III has arrived so need to think about selling one of my K1's..... 25k shutter count... so maybe $1,200 ausie I guess... time to go box hunting....