Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My gut tells me to go for the body, but I will definitely be getting the 105 early next year. As for the 16-45, I may hold off on that, as well, and see how having 28 as my widest angle works for me in the next couple of months.

Now, I just need to get the K10 ready for sale.
Heather

10-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
My gut tells me to go for the body, but I will definitely be getting the 105 early next year. As for the 16-45, I may hold off on that, as well, and see how having 28 as my widest angle works for me in the next couple of months.

Now, I just need to get the K10 ready for sale.
Heather
Heather, I think you may find the 28mm field of view a bit narrow. It is only 43mm in terms of the film cameras, or a widish normal lens. Let us all know how it turns out.
10-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
top of the line aps-c camera from Pentax (new - not used) is worth about USD $500-600. period. people who need it for work might be willing to pay more as soon as it was release - but others are better off waiting until it will be selling for the real price (USD $500-600)... there is nothing there that justify ~$1000 range.

What the heck are you talking about? Plenty of people pay more for other brands with less features / lower quality and use it to take baby pictures, just like me. When I say baby pictures, I mean for ONE baby, mine.

This camera is closer to the D300 then the D90. It's closer to the 40D than the Rebel xsi. Both of those are more expensive as is the comparable Sony.

Trust me, I go for value, not just cheap, and the K20D is as high value as you will find $ for $ paid.

Just remember. When you buy a Nikon, a little bit of what you paid goes into Ashton Kutcher's pocket. When you buy Canon, a little bit of what you paid goes into Andre Agassi or whomever they have sponsoring their ads. It's so freaking cheesy. It reminds me of all of those Cindy Crawford Omega ads. As if any of these people add credibility to the product. I know one thing for certain, they add cost.

Last edited by laissezfaire; 10-17-2008 at 04:59 PM.
10-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tcdk Quote
Damn, now I went and ordered one... found a lightly used one on amazon.de at €590(incl p&p). :-)

Nice! I have yet to see a "bought a K20D and now regret it" post.

10-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by laissezfaire Quote
Nice! I have yet to see a "bought a K20D and now regret it" post.
If they don't quit dropping the price on Amazon I'm gonna end up with two of 'em by year's end! $833 today.
10-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The dropping price wore me down as well, I won a new one on e bay for a really good price. I was trying to hold off for the next body but got to thinking this may be the last without video, and I really don't want video :ugh:
10-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Heather, I think you may find the 28mm field of view a bit narrow. It is only 43mm in terms of the film cameras, or a widish normal lens. Let us all know how it turns out.
I've got a couple of trips planned between now and the end of the year--going to see my sister and her family in Maryland for Thanksgiving and then going to see my parents in Tennessee the week before Christmas, which will include an overnight birding trip with my dad. For either trip, I don't think lack of a WA should hurt me too much. I have to say that I really backed myself in a corner with this LBA challenge, but if worse comes to worse, I'll go ahead and get the 16-45 before the end of the year.

For anybody who's interested, both the 12-24 and the K10 are up for sale in the Marketplace. I really want that K20.

Heather

10-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by laissezfaire Quote
Trust me, I go for value, not just cheap, and the K20D is as high value as you will find $ for $ paid.
the difference is that you overpay for that value... prodigital2000 has no issues to put 'em up for bidding on ebay and let 'em go for up USD $600s and low USD $700 and they still make money... now if you want to shell $1000s or $900s - it is your problem.