Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Oh I have a K-1 as well This is my APS-C decision
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
sell both and buy a K-1.

10-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why sell; just simply give it to me?

“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”

(I know; I'll probably go to hell for this...)
10-12-2019, 09:42 AM - 5 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrKodak Quote
Why sell; just simply give it to me?

“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”

(I know; I'll probably go to hell for this...)
Postage will be $450 though...
10-12-2019, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by rosettaquarrier Quote
Postage will be $450 though...
There is always a catch...

10-12-2019, 09:59 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh I have a K-1 as well This is my APS-C decision
Aha! This changes the equation! Sell the KPs and stockpile on lenses... with the interchangeable batteries on the K-3 and K-1 justifying my previous suggestion
10-12-2019, 11:02 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Keeping the KP's for now - fantastic camera.
QuoteOriginally posted by Robin Quote
Aha! This changes the equation! Sell the KPs and stockpile on lenses... with the interchangeable batteries on the K-3 and K-1 justifying my previous suggestion
10-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good decision. I loved the K-3 and K-3ii but the KP is newer and probably more saleable down the line The little battery is annoying but that is minor.

10-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Good decision. I loved the K-3 and K-3ii but the KP is newer and probably more saleable down the line The little battery is annoying but that is minor.
The OP did mention a KP "battery grip" for those times when more power is needed.
10-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The grip just makes it a big camera. I tried it, attracted by the ability to use the D-LI90, but the grip just negated the size advantage for me. Not a deal breaker but since I will always want to use the K-1 or its successors with the KP I just found the odd sized battery annoying. I do not care so much about battery life. But the KP was attractive for its size and updated features. For someone who only uses the KP it would not be an issue.
10-13-2019, 05:34 PM - 2 Likes   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
For low light the KP is better and the 3 wheel control is awesome. But for battery life it's disappointing. I would keep the K-3 if the low light performance is enough otherwise the KP sounds better. The K-3 is more reliable too.
There is no evidence that the K-3 is more reliable than a KP. They are both very well-built. A KP with the battery grip can provide actually more battery life than a K-3, and will be at about the same weight as a K-3 II alone, but will have the vertical shooting advantage. The only real advantages a K-3 offers are more dedicated on-body controls, a top LCD screen, a deeper buffer for burst shooting, and dual card slots. I already have all of those advantages in my K-5 IIs except the last one.

---------- Post added 10-13-19 at 05:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by EDstrg87 Quote
I have the K3 but, in this moment i would prefer the KP.. better IQ, High iso resolution, tilt screen and 5 axis stabilization and lightweight
Exactly!

---------- Post added 10-13-19 at 05:47 PM ----------

I also have 2 KP bodies, in my case both silver. I will keep them regardless of any decision regarding the forthcoming new APS-C flagship. The KP is too unique not to have, and in a good way. All these features and outstanding imaging capability with a very useful set of controls in a pro-build quality but compact design. I bought two bodies to make sure if something should happen to one of them I would still have a KP. I have also found it often to be very convenient to shoot with two of them, each with a different type of lens and a different grip.
10-14-2019, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Quick note - the K-3 was listed on the marketplace, sold overnight and will be winging its way to its new owner shortly. It served me well!
10-14-2019, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #42
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Quick note - the K-3 was listed on the marketplace, sold overnight and will be winging its way to its new owner shortly. It served me well!
that doesn't surprise me at all

it is a very good camera
10-14-2019, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two KPs is my (late) vote. Shooting with two matching bodies is a real pleasure. And, you know, image quality.
10-14-2019, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

It seems that people who don't own a KP slag it for the reputed battery life due to the CIPA ratings listed. But that is with half flash use and with the KP's low light capabilities, flash use is rare except as a trigger for off camera flash control. (YMMV.) I have used my KP and gotten over 600 shots in a day and had power left on the battery when I got home, and this is prior to buying the battery grip. And with the grip the KP is a pretty fair handling camera, even with big, heavy lenses like a Sigma 120-=400 or a FA* 80-200 with PZ.
10-14-2019, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
consistently preferred my images from the KP to the K-3.
i believe you have your answer! i have no idea why anyone pays any attention to anything but image quality