Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2019, 07:55 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
. . . i have no idea why anyone pays any attention to anything but image quality
well, for some, price and availability could be the deciding factor

that is one of the reasons I like Pentax

its varied camera bodies and lenses give us a lot of options

10-14-2019, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rosettaquarrier Quote
Quick note - the K-3 was listed on the marketplace, sold overnight and will be winging its way to its new owner shortly. It served me well!
Good decision, in view of your obviously low need for the K-3's features which it offers over the KP, as I mentioned above. Selling the K-3 before the arrival of the new model probably assured a quick sale.
10-15-2019, 02:49 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
There is no evidence that the K-3 is more reliable than a KP. They are both very well-built. A KP with the battery grip can provide actually more battery life than a K-3, and will be at about the same weight as a K-3 II alone, but will have the vertical shooting advantage. The only real advantages a K-3 offers are more dedicated on-body controls, a top LCD screen, a deeper buffer for burst shooting, and dual card slots. I already have all of those advantages in my K-5 IIs except the last one.
My KP get wet on an event where my previous K-30 worked for years. The service said it's doesen't economical to change the mirror box and the main electronics. In my experiance only the metering was demaged, but that came totaly useless. I do not trust the KP, although I know it's only my specific instance and story only. The shutter rating for the K-3 is also higher if I remember correctly.
10-15-2019, 05:33 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
i believe you have your answer! i have no idea why anyone pays any attention to anything but image quality
If the only thing was absolute image quality we'd all be driving 30-year-old Geo Metros to save our cash for medium format Hasselblads.

10-15-2019, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rosettaquarrier Quote
Quick note - the K-3 was listed on the marketplace, sold overnight and will be winging its way to its new owner shortly. It served me well!
That was quick!
Enjoy your KPs (and K1!)

---------- Post added 10-15-2019 at 03:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
My KP get wet on an event where my previous K-30 worked for years. The service said it's doesen't economical to change the mirror box and the main electronics. In my experiance only the metering was demaged, but that came totaly useless. I do not trust the KP, although I know it's only my specific instance and story only. The shutter rating for the K-3 is also higher if I remember correctly.
Could you please elaborate on that ? What were circumstances where KP defaulted when K30 passed ? It is very surprising as built is not in the same league.
10-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
If the only thing was absolute image quality we'd all be driving 30-year-old Geo Metros to save our cash for medium format Hasselblads.
QuoteQuote:
well, for some, price and availability could be the deciding factor
consider context

the question i responded to was between k3 and kp, both of which were already paid for.