Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
Inactive Account

when the rice whine gets to be to much, click here

10-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Shutter Speed Used

The wav files tell many things, whether you can learn these from it is yet another thing.

Since you have been insisted you (or I) don't know the shutter speed set, I have measured the shutter opening time is 1/500th second. Btw, have you ever chosen and heard about the sound of a slow shutter, not even to measure it accurately with the computer - a slow shutter speed which have *any* impact on the fps will NOT sound like that! Get it?

QuoteOriginally posted by felix68 Quote
RiceBoy,

There is nothing to be "seen" in the wave files. They are sound files and don't tell you anything about the AF settings on the camera. You are "ass"uming that because you can't hear the AF working, that it is not on. There is also no way for you to know what the shutter speed is set to when these files were created.
Your conclusion, down to the hundredth of a second no less, is completely invalid given the data that you have (or rather don't have). Oh yes, big problem here.
Wait until there are some actual real life testing by qualified reviewers specifically testing frame rate to post links to their work on your blog. You are basing frame rate down to the hundredth of a second on a file that was recorded only to give people an idea of the sound of the camera. Lunacy...

PS - Don't bother to respond to this post as I am adding you to my ignore list. I always thought "Rice" was entertaining but now I think that he is just "High" on crack when he thinks up this dribble.