Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've had this happen to my K-5, but some super glue fixed that problem.

10-23-2019, 02:39 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad (well, not really) to hear about this. I've added this issue to my notes about my K-5iiS.
10-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #18

I don't recall anyone posting about the button coming off on a K-1/ii yet.
10-23-2019, 05:15 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I lost the one on my K5 there was a site listed in a past thread where you could get a new one, and there are also disassembly instructions in a thread to replace it, but...... the depth you need to go into the camera to reinstall it properly, especially if the retaining clip and the entire button and pin it presses on are lost is pretty severe. I made a replacement and hold it in place with black cloth tape (for hockey sticks). Works just fine. The replacement proper is needed only if you want To retain WR , as the K5 is no longer my principle body, and I don’t normally go out in the real stormy weather, I don’t care.

10-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I lost the one on my K5 there was a site listed in a past thread where you could get a new one, and there are also disassembly instructions in a thread to replace it, but...... the depth you need to go into the camera to reinstall it properly, especially if the retaining clip and the entire button and pin it presses on are lost is pretty severe. I made a replacement and hold it in place with black cloth tape (for hockey sticks). Works just fine. The replacement proper is needed only if you want To retain WR , as the K5 is no longer my principle body, and I don’t normally go out in the real stormy weather, I don’t care.
As I said above, I super glued the original button with the skirt back to its place on my K5IIs, but for K20D I had to make something similar and used the same logic about the WR feature.
Thank you