Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
Forum Member

k100d and K100d super bargain

I have been looking at getting a DSLR for a while now and finally took the plunge. Hopefully should get mine delivered Monday. SRS microsystems are doing the K100D refurbished for 169 and super for 189. (both with 18-55) 12 months guarantee. Seems like a bargain.

Now I'll be hunting down a nice manual prime and I've not even taken a photo with the kit yet!

10-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Heck, that's not much more than an FA50 F1.4.
Anyone wanting a backup body, I'd say snap one of these up right now!
10-17-2008, 03:58 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes - and that 50 1.4 would be my next buy. Or maybe Father Christmas will bring it :-p Unless I see something manual and cheap on eBay.

I'm excited already!
10-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by abraham_love Quote
Yes - and that 50 1.4 would be my next buy. Or maybe Father Christmas will bring it :-p Unless I see something manual and cheap on eBay.

I'm excited already!
Good for you!
On eBay, most manual options (like the P-A 50 F1.7) would be very much cheaper than the P-FA50 F1.4. Worth getting if you don't mind the lack of autofocus.

A tip from Father Christmas:
Decent standard primes are just as often, if not more often found with camera bodies on eBay. They can sometimes turn out as cheap if not cheaper than getting a lens alone, especially if bought as a package with multiple lenses. Just remember to inquire about the condition of the lens before bidding.