Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2019, 08:34 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just corrected my post: that 10mm lenses are used on APS size sensors or smaller not APS size lenses or smaller. I also gave a better example between Canon and Pentax using a 10mm lens FL on APS bodies.

I continue to wonder how the OP's repeated interest in the K-1 fits into his stated requirement of having a lens with a 10mm spec? How does a K-1 come into this situation?

Last edited by mikesbike; 10-29-2019 at 09:05 AM.
10-29-2019, 03:10 PM   #32
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dr5chrome Quote
K-1 wide lenses
I can recommend my “Mistress"(Pentax-A 15mm F3.5) if you come across one.
10-29-2019, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Op's original comment was discovering the "hard way" of buying a 2.8 Tamron lens that does not cover the K-1 full frame, so I am assuming he has a K-1, and would thus have to use any lens having 10mm capability on a K-1 set to crop mode. This is one advantage of the K-1 over many other FF models- the ability to make that switch. There is certainly nothing wrong with doing this, image quality is still very high, and the lens will be capable of providing an extremely wide angle shot. As wide angle as would the DFA 15-30mm used FF on the K-1. So if his business requirement is to have a lens with a 10mm FL, The Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens I recommend would do very nicely. It delivers very fine image quality, is very well built, has very good, quiet AF performance, a convenient AF/MF switch, and is not expensive. Hard to beat this combo.

He also mentioned the K-3, but perhaps he does not have this model.
11-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Then I apologise. Your wife is wrong not you.

10mm on FF does not exist

Rather than argue the point you would do better to understand and explain to your wife and her employers the difference FL makes on aps-c versus FF.

I am out of this stupid discussion

---------- Post added 10-28-19 at 08:10 PM ----------

I rest my case.

Someone else can explain.
At last, someone stopped this pointless discussion - which is still going on.
I go back now drawing little triangles...

11-03-2019, 08:54 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I often use the 15-30 and stitch images together when I want to get really wide images