Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A Heads Up - Busted Switch on K10D

This morning, I noticed that the switch that controls activation of IS in my K10D was broken off. I've got no idea when this happened, but the camera has never been dropped or treated roughly.

It's likely my experience is idiosyncratic and doesn't reflect a systemic defect. Nevertheless, you may wish to take care not to physically "challenge" the switch.

Anyway, I was able - with the aid of a pair of tweezers on the switch stub - to reactivate IS. Thus, I'm spared the aggravation and cost of sending the camera back for repair.

Jer

10-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
This morning, I noticed that the switch that controls activation of IS in my K10D was broken off. I've got no idea when this happened, but the camera has never been dropped or treated roughly.

It's likely my experience is idiosyncratic and doesn't reflect a systemic defect. Nevertheless, you may wish to take care not to physically "challenge" the switch.

Anyway, I was able - with the aid of a pair of tweezers on the switch stub - to reactivate IS. Thus, I'm spared the aggravation and cost of sending the camera back for repair.

Jer
That sucks Jer, I just bought an old 110 Auto and I broke the shutter button. Eric says he will have a look at it for me.

How often did you use the switch? I don't use mine very often because when it's on the tripod I use the timer so it cancels automatically.