Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Problem?

I noticed about a week ago that when I mounted a M42 lens on my K100D Super, nothing came up on the screen asking focal information for Shake Reduction. When I had a chance to test it later with another lens, same thing happened. Put an M42 lens on it and the screen remains blank. Tonight I was working with it some more going through the menu and Shake Reduction is grayed out. You can't access it in the menu. I'm afraid to ask but does this sound like Shake Reduction is FUBAR or am I possibly (hopefully) doing something wrong.

CW

10-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #2

I have a k100d, but my camera doesn't ask for focal length of a lens if the shake reduction switch is off. Although I can still enter it in via the menu (it's not grayed out for me). The only time I've seen the SR menu greyed out is when I have one of my DA lenses on, ie. the camera knows the focal length from the lens contacts.

So perhaps try turning on the camera with the SR on? If that doesn't work you can also try it without any lens (just be careful of dust and such) -- with no lens mounted the camera will have to ask what focal length you're using when you turn the camera on (with SR on of course). At least thats how it works with my K100D.
10-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No Problem!

I'm just an idiot. Somehow or another the Guide Display was turned off and nothing was showing up when the camera was powered on. No info at all...total blank screen. Now that I turned the Guide Display back on, I popped an -M 50mm on there and it asked for focal length when powered on.

As Rosana Rosana Dana would have said, "Never mind."

CW
10-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

CW,
Page 49 of the K100D manual. At one third way down the page. C custom menu, select FI and S function. The next window will have available and unavailable. Select available. Turn camera off and on again. The shake reduction prompt will apear. I tested it on my super and the function came and went when I changed the status.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
I noticed about a week ago that when I mounted a M42 lens on my K100D Super, nothing came up on the screen asking focal information for Shake Reduction. When I had a chance to test it later with another lens, same thing happened. Put an M42 lens on it and the screen remains blank. Tonight I was working with it some more going through the menu and Shake Reduction is grayed out. You can't access it in the menu. I'm afraid to ask but does this sound like Shake Reduction is FUBAR or am I possibly (hopefully) doing something wrong.

CW