Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
View-finder grid on K10D

I have been trying to locate a viewfinder grid on my K10D so I can get the verticals and horizontals correct, but am stuffed if I can find one. Is there one? If so, how do I make it appear? Can't see anything in the manual....

03-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

change the focus screen to the LL-80

there is no other way you can really do it

38575 Pentax Focusing Screen LL-80 (AF Divided Matte) for the K10D Digital SLR Camera
03-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #3

Or you can check out the Katzeye focusing screens, which offer a variety of [optional] grid lines, as shown here:

Custom Grid Crop Lines @ KatzEyeOptics.com

I have the rule of thirds grid, and like it very much.

Larry
03-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
change the focus screen to the LL-80

there is no other way you can really do it

38575 Pentax Focusing Screen LL-80 (AF Divided Matte) for the K10D Digital SLR Camera
I can't figure out what the LL-80 does, exactly. Does it split the screen and show the parts of the screen coming together as you get closer to perfect focus? If so, it's a good bit cheaper than a Katz Eye and I'd feel more comfortable using it, as it comes from Pentax.

I purchased the 1.12x magnifying eyecup for my K100D. I can't say that it did a great deal for my manual focusing. Main advantage is that, because the cup sticks out of the back of the camera more than the default eyecup, my cheek isn't rubbing up against the LCD as much. Otherwise, I can't say it was money well spent.

Will

03-04-2007, 02:52 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
I can't figure out what the LL-80 does, exactly. Does it split the screen and show the parts of the screen coming together as you get closer to perfect focus?

Will
No it doesnt. It just has those grid lines for composition help. Otherwise it is just as an original screen.

Pentax do not have any screens for manual focusing.
03-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
I can't figure out what the LL-80 does, exactly. Does it split the screen and show the parts of the screen coming together as you get closer to perfect focus? If so, it's a good bit cheaper than a Katz Eye and I'd feel more comfortable using it, as it comes from Pentax.

I purchased the 1.12x magnifying eyecup for my K100D. I can't say that it did a great deal for my manual focusing. Main advantage is that, because the cup sticks out of the back of the camera more than the default eyecup, my cheek isn't rubbing up against the LCD as much. Otherwise, I can't say it was money well spent.

Will
was not intended for manual focusing, but for other applications.
i need to get one of those as I think it would be more useful than the LI-80

if you want true manual focus, then the katz eye is other option

this was the description they had at b and h

QuoteQuote:

The Pentax LL-80 AF Divided Matte Focusing Screen is an interchangeable focusing screen compatible with the Pentax K10D SLR Digital camera. This matte screen is similar to the LF-80 Standard Matte screen but also features division lines that correspond to the rule of thirds and marks to center your subject. This focusing screen is most useful when shooting portrait and landscape photography.
and this was the one I got, the LI-80

QuoteQuote:

The Pentax LI-80 AF Scaled Matte Focusing Screen is an interchangeable focusing screen compatible with the Pentax K10D SLR Digital camera. This matte screen is similar to the LF-80 Standard Matte screen but also features engraved scales for determining subject size - ideal for microphotography or industrial applications.