Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I agree with you 100 %

but the wife sees the money spent on the battery grip and the extended warranty as a result of getting the KP
Congrats to all who recently acquired a KP, and at these currently low prices for such a camera- but your deal is by far the lowest price I've ever heard of!! If I got a free top-notch camera, I'd have no problem with getting a battery grip or other accessory. Talk about a windfall! I'll be happy to learn of your experiences with this fine camera- from any of you.

---------- Post added 12-15-19 at 02:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Even with the K-70 being significantly less than the KP, the K-70 is still of consumer quality. The K-70 - as it occasionally demonstrates - has the same solenoid controlling its aperture-control that the K-30/50 series do, while the KP has the same aperture-control that the K-3 series does. Purchasing the KP was a 'no brainer' to me; I easily made up my mind on this one.
No doubt about it, the KP was a good deal for what it is, even before the current price reduction.

12-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #62
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Congrats to all who recently acquired a KP, and at these currently low prices for such a camera- but your deal is by far the lowest price I've ever heard of!! If I got a free top-notch camera, I'd have no problem with getting a battery grip or other accessory. . . .
I have no problem

especially since the wife said go ahead and get the battery grip and extended warranty
12-15-2019, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

The extended warranty, especially at $50 is a good move also. Congrats again!
12-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #64
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got my extended 3 year warranty for my KP from Ricoh (via B H )

QuoteQuote:
Ricoh warrants the Product . . . for a period of 3 years from date of purchase . . . This Extended Warranty includes one complete "check up " to be provided anytime during the warranty period . . . You bear all shipping costs when exercising your rights under this Extended Warranty. . . .
so in reality, I get 2 years more coverage plus the check up

12-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just got my extended 3 year warranty for my KP from Ricoh (via B H )
Still waiting for mine, but I think it might be arriving today. It's funny to have to wait for a backorder so they can send you a little paper card...
12-30-2019, 10:09 AM   #66
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Still waiting for mine, but I think it might be arriving today. It's funny to have to wait for a backorder so they can send you a little paper card...
plastic card actually

and you are suppose to register it with Ricoh
12-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Original Poster
plastic card actually

and you are suppose to register it with Ricoh
Ooh, they've upgraded them. Old ones were paper...