Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 147 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
You don't know what it feel like to have an LBA crisis . Lack of new gear is a major issue for everyone diagnosed with LBA or GAS, they'll need to be sedated.
Pardon my ignorance but what is LBA and GAS?

12-15-2019, 03:06 AM - 3 Likes   #122
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
LBA: Lens Buying Addiction
GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome, also afflicts airsofters, fishermen, gun collectors, model builders and hobbyists of all sorts.

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 12-15-2019 at 03:14 AM.
12-15-2019, 04:34 AM - 2 Likes   #123
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
LBA: Lens Buying Addiction
GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome, also afflicts airsofters, fishermen, gun collectors, model builders and hobbyists of all sorts.
They are insidious addictions which, over time, reduce the photographer's ability to concentrate on the art and process of photography, replacing it with a complex mix of brand anxiety and a desire to feed the addiction in the belief that things will somehow be better with "just one more" camera or lens. But self-medication with more and more equipment generally has a short-lasting, temporary effect. Whilst some folks are able to manage a low level of GAS and/or LBA - functioning addicts, if you will - most will benefit by going cold turkey; saying "enough is enough", and getting out and about with the equipment they own to take photos.

I've suffered from both myself, and finally reached a point where I said, "enough is enough". Of course, I allow myself the occasional treat, once in a while

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-15-2019 at 10:26 AM.
12-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Wow!!! I think if I had enough cash I'd be an LBA. Thanks for the answers.

12-15-2019, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #125
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I've suffered from both myself, and finally reached a point where I said, "enough is enough". Of course, I allow myself the occasional treat, once in a while
Lol... yes well I have been both too and said the same as you... problem with those occassional treats is they can easily become frequent and lead one to fall clean off the wagon if one isnt careful... apparently I am not careful as I keep having relapses.

AL
12-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #126

I had severe LBA through all of 2018. I’ve been much better this year, but new treats are always fun.
12-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
So, we're now past the Pentax 100 years anniversary entertainment. Again complete silence after Pentax 100.

No new camera model, no new lens model. Now , what should we do?
Take all that crummy Ricoh/Pentax equipment that stopped working on the 100th Anniversary and throw it every bit in the nearest landfill!

What's that you say??? It still works?? Darn!! I guess you'll probably just have to start using that old obsolete equipment again and take some fantastic photos.

12-15-2019, 11:21 AM   #128
Pentaxian

Pentax 100 Y. is over. Now what?

My answer: "keep calm and carry on"... tanking photos with the gear I already have!
12-17-2019, 01:13 AM   #129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, there was the Electro Spotmatic, but given its limited availability, short life, and spotty design, there are some things best left not discussed.
It always comes back to the troublesome child

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
It has been more than six months since my last acquisition. I need a fix...
Just got my LBA fix for this year. I'm soothed.
12-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #130
Pentaxian

It's a new year, make a goal for yourself. If you're worried about Pentax and their ability to deliver then make a goal to acquire something new that will help Pentax's bottom line. Start saving for a lens you've always wanted, or the new APSC body that is coming, or a flash, or whatever. If that doesn't work for you then make a goal to print something 24x36 every month. That will keep you busy finding a subject worth such a large print. So far I have only ever printed 1 photo that large and it hangs on the wall. I think that will be my goal, make large prints of something worth printing large...
12-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by James also Quote
It always comes back to the troublesome child

Just got my LBA fix for this year. I'm soothed.
The LBA and GAS are getting worse each day. Now that I'm gainfully employed again, 2020 might be the year I seek some treatment for my conditions.
12-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ddharriman Quote
Pentax 100 Y. is over. Now what?

My answer: "keep calm and carry on"... tanking photos with the gear I already have!
Also, anticipation for the 125 year anniversary!