Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Eleven reports in 23 months.

As for the KP...it is sudden death that it may have inherited from the K-3. There are no reports regarding the KP, but given its heritage, it is hard to say. The K-3 "will not power up" (aka as "K-3 sudden death") thread has captured 15 reports in 31 months with a frequency as high as three per week and two in the last 30 days. There would have been 16 reports except that one camera spontaneously came back to life. Ricoh acknowledged in 2018 they were aware of a couple of cameras sent for repair of problems of this sort, but did not find any evidence of a pattern related to production. Despite Ricoh's claim, the evidence for a problem of sudden death with the K-3/K-3II remains at least as compelling as the steady trickle of K-70 aperture control problems; perhaps, more so because of Ricoh's denial of a problem.

Pentax k-3 will not power on - PentaxForums.com

Of course, there is also the KP mode dial issue.

In case it is not obvious, this post has a heavy injection of sarcasm. Are there problems with the KP? Apparently not a whole lot except for some mode dial issues. Will there be future problems such as with the "sudden death" K-3s? Is there a serious issue with K-3 sudden death, given the steady trickle of reports? I will let you know if it happens to me.

Steve

Oh poo! I have a K3 and a KP

Please don't die, little camera, please don't die!

12-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Of course, there is also the KP mode dial issue.

In case it is not obvious, this post has a heavy injection of sarcasm. Are there problems with the KP? Apparently not a whole lot except for some mode dial issues. Will there be future problems such as with the "sudden death" K-3s? Is there a serious issue with K-3 sudden death, given the steady trickle of reports? I will let you know if it happens to me.

Steve
I am not aware of any problems with the KP's mode dial, and a quick reading of Front Page titles of the KP Section has done nothing to enlighten me.

Last edited by reh321; 12-17-2019 at 02:08 PM.