Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Quote
I understand your pain Matt.

I sent my camera in on August 25 and didn't get it back to October 27.
Hah, I sent mine in end of July and still don't have it back.

02-15-2009, 02:56 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Extend Warranty?

QuoteOriginally posted by mitchkramez Quote
Spongefingers, here in the US, if you send your camera in under warranty, they extend your warranty by a year from the date they fix it. So you should be ok.

Anyways, I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about... My situation doesn't happen to everyone, there were a few posters there who got their equipment back just fine. For the record, I have a long history of bad luck with repairs on ANYTHING... that's just how it goes... and from the looks of it, I wouldn't worry too much anyways, Pentax will take care of you...
I just got my K20D back from a factory repair under warranty - hot pixel. Where did you get the information that the warranty is extended a year from the date of repair? Is that only for what was repaired, not any new problem?
02-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Alan,
They honored the extra year on my k10d and fixed it no charge 6 or 7 months after I had the VF aligned an strange problem developed. The k10 would shoot wide open even if you set it for say f8 when you took a picture it would change the f stop to the maximum aperture and change the exif too and the exposure would be good my da*300 worked ok though very odd. About reworks- they go to another address before they go to service so it takes longer, (I had to send it twice for that repair). In hindsight I should have sent it myself instead of waiting for the label, I think it would have been quicker. I think I'll always keep a backup k100ds
02-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #34

Photos: Gallery
Tom, Thanks, Great - good to know.