K200D 4638.66%
K100D 1613.45%
Other 4436.97%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cny3123 Quote
So you found the 21mm to be a bit of a non useable lens?

What do you think of the 15mm Limited coming out? I was thinking of looking at the DA 15mm, 40mm, 70mm set up and trying that out.
it wasn't that it was not usable. it's just that i didn't like it and it didn't fit the way that i shot the trip. i think with smaller viewfinders, it's hard for me to see what to fit into the frame.

as a lens, it's nothing spectacular besides its small size. wide open, the corners are kinda ehhhh. i have passed on the lens. there is some discussion on the DA21 on that thread as well, a lot of people do really like it.

not sure about the DA15, i think a lot of people are interested in what it can do. i think if it was around, i would have preferred it to the DA21, although more care has to be taken with ultrawides when shooting people because of the perspective distortion.

10-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #32

Original Poster
Well I don't think I will buying any of this immediately so I will see what happens and the general consensus for the 15mm I think. Also I will see just low the prices of the K100D, K200D and K2000 fall and decide from there what would be my best choice of action from there. Thanks all for the help. I definitely have a better understanding of the Pentax DSLRs now and know what bodies would be a price to performance compromise and which ones I could live with now.

I believe the decision for the DSLR is up in the air depending on prices a month or two from now. I still have my Nikons to play with and just may have to suffer with the weight for a bit

The lenses I will choose will most likely be either the 15mm or 21mm, the 40mm, and the 70mm Limiteds.

I will have to save up a bit for my travel set I suppose

I shall now revert to lurking for a bit until I buy my set up and will rejoin to posting again
10-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
It's almost impossible to predict if the will break up the kit for the K2000 and just sell the body alone. I suspect the street price would be $400-449.00 if thy do.

I still think the K100D or Super is the right choice. I have the K110D version that is the same but no SR. It's a very good camera and should suit you needs more than well enough. For $300 you get a fine camera with excellent picture quality, good AF speed and very good higher ISO ability. Just seems the logical choice for a good used camera.
If the budget is under $400, then the K100D series is the clear winner. Just for the better JPEG compression and available user friendly features. If you don't have a few months to practice with the camera regularly, those picture & scene modes are priceless when you first start out.

The K200D has all those features plus SDM, higher res sensor, improved auto focus, weather sealing, etc, etc.

You'll enjoy whichever you choose, I'm sure.
10-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #34

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I'm sure when I have it enough saved up I will most likely go for the K100D unless the K2000 or K200D have dropped in price by then.