Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
deadpink - Did you call Bel Air Camera in Westwood? I'm pretty sure they had one on the shelf yesterday when I was in looking at the DA55-300 lens. I know they carry Pentax, not the higher end lenses (though they'll happily order for you) and they almost always have both the K200 and K20 in stock, along with the consumer lenses, whenever I've been in for something. They aren't the cheapest or largest in town (did you also try Samys?) but they have a pretty good selection of stuff.
thanks, I dont think I called bel Air, Samys however I did, actually 3 of their stores as well as Valumet, tons of Ritz stores, etc, will give Bel Air a ring in the morning, thanks!

10-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ingenir Quote
Since I don't have a DSLR, this is a new idea that I would have to adjust the settings.
Think of ti as the equivalent of choosing which film to use to get the best results. Most people probably just customize the settings once (at most) and then leave them alone forever, just as they would be likely to always buy the same brand and type of film. If you're the type who uses different film for different effects (and I'm not just talking about different ISO), then you might the type to adjust settings for different effects too. It's not rocket science, and the nice thing is, you don't have to do it a roll at a time, or have to worry about whether you have enough of the right kind of film.

QuoteQuote:
Having to manually edith the RAW images for better color seems foreign
No doubt. But with the right right software, it's incredibly easy. Select a bunch of images, hit a button to enter RAW processing, drag a slider, hit Done, and you've just altered the color on all of them.

QuoteQuote:
the D80 is a bargain comparable to the K200 now.
Well, it *should* be cheaper, since it lacks SR and weather sealing and other niceties of the K200D.
10-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
All I can say is thank - You've all given me many things to think about. It sounds like the K20 may be the way to go - now I just need to save more, or hope for a Pentax Rebate.....
10-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #19

[QUOTE=Ingenir;375387] and the D80 is a bargain comparable to the K200 now.

That's not true actually. At Amazon the K200D body is only $519 right now, which is an incredible deal while the D80 is $699 (not really a steal). For the shake reduction feature and weather resistant body that the D80 lacks, the K200D is your best bet.