Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2020, 06:34 AM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Despite all our little gear acquisition frustrations and delays, let's be fair, boys: Marriages and families have always involved compromises, and wives can be an effective check on some of our less-than-prudent impulses. At least, I'm forced to make a compelling case for getting a costly piece of new gear, not just with my wife but also with myself. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. And whenever I was able to make a strong case, my wife has been ultimately supportive, as soon as the family budget allowed. Likewise, if she fancies something substantial, she will have to convince me too. It's a give and take.

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 02-02-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Punctuation
02-01-2020, 06:50 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Love the comic I wasn't as interested, being completely happy with my K-1, but recently I have convinced myself to make my way back to a K-3, which now has me interested in the new flagship. What this actually means is that I'll probably just reap the rewards of even cheaper K-3's And then two years from now pick up a k-new.

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Despite all our little gear acquisition frustrations and delays, let's be fair boys: Marriages and families have always involved compromises, and wives can be an effective check on some of our less-than-prudent impulses. At least, I'm forced to make a compelling case for getting a costly piece of new gear, not just with my wife but also with myself. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. And whenever I was able to make a strong case, my wife has been ultimately supportive, as soon as the family budget allowed. Likewise, if she fancies something substantial, she will have to convince me too. It's a give and take.
It's funny how the conversation has turned to this. That's how I feel, no matter how much I make fun of it, she has helped talk me out of a lot of unwise decisions. We also have a rule that I can't use any of the money I earn from work. So I buy things with any gift money, or on the side I make and sell random crafts and pictures to friends. Anything more substantial requires me selling some of my old gear, which makes me shed a tear or two but keeps me from hoarding too much gear.

It's good to find a good system, whatever it is.
02-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #18
Pentaxian

My wife is very supportive of my various hobbies and activities. In fact when we started to go out ...I was surprised that she already had a Pentax K1000....which was great for our relationship and helped us bond...as at the time I just had two Pentax M42 mount camera bodies and wanted to get the new K bayonet mount.

Boy were we lucky !!

Just kidding...however she did have a K mount, K 1000.

But, when marrying you need to careful who you choose as a life mate. You should see if your potential wife shares your interests in life...such as photography. It reminds me of a advert I saw tacked onto the bulletin board of a fishing equipment/bait store.

It went something like this:

' Looking for a wife who enjoys fishing. Must have boat. Please send picture of boat.'