Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #1

Issues with K10D Autofocus

Every once in awhile, when I set to the AF mode on my K10D, the camera reads to be in MF mode and will not take a picture. It comes on radomly, and with lenses that have worked fine with the AF before (and are supposed to as they are built for the DSLR cameras). To validate it wasn't a lens issue (it started with my Tamron 28-300mm), I checked on my *1stD and the lens focuses fine.

Anyone had this issue before?

10-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Are you sure you the switch is fully in the MF position? It's never happened to me. There have been similar problems with the switch on the battery grip causing problems if it is not in exactly the right position.
10-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Make sure the contacts on both the camera body and lens(es) are clean and that they are not stuck. Since you're seeing this with multiple lenses it's more likely an issue on the camera body contacts, but doesn't hurt to clean everything.
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I have it working again. Basically, if I remove the lens, set the autofocus on, take the battery out and restart a few times, it will start working again.

I will do a full cleaning as well. I'm going on a trip to Prague next week (and I'd rather have it than my older camera), so I'll take it to the shop after that.

Thanks!