Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
03-15-2020, 12:45 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
The Kodak 40MP CCD sensor in the Pentax 645D is the most MP of any CCD sensor that I'm aware of.
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Alex, thanks for posting that information!
Actually the Credo 80MP CCD sensor on the digital back for Mamiya and Hasselblad are even larger. Only $25k.....camera and lens not included.

Mamiya Credo 80MP Wide Spectrum Digital Back 010-13031A B&H

03-15-2020, 07:48 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
The Pentax K10D has 10.2MP APS-C CCD sensor. I just purchased a 14MP CCD sensor Sony A350 camera and a couple of A mount lenses (unfortunately there is no K to A adapter available that focuses at infinity).

As far as I know, the 14MP CCD sensor that is in the Sony A350 is the most MP of any CCD sensor produced for a digital camera.

I'll be sure to post some comparative photos between these two excellent CCD cameras. From what I've seen on the Internet, the colors/rendering of both cameras are very similar, just the Sony has more resolution (and a tilty LCD screen and live view). They both have IBIS though.

I have a 90mm Leica lens (I thinks it's an APO) that (with some custom adapting on the lens mount) I hope to use on both bodies in this test. Should be interesting...
I've considered the A290 in the past. Same sensor as the A350 and A380 but a slightly larger pentamirror. Yet still a pentamirror. That sensor seems like an evolution of the K10D sensor, and the colors from it seem gorgeous. But the K10D is no slouch either... and has a much better viewfinder. Also, a lot of those Sonys seem to be having issues now, while the K10D seems to just keep going. So I've stuck with Pentax only...

If I ever get one of those Sonys, the Sony/Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 is a truly fantastic lens. It's a thousand dollar lens that sells used now for 200 dollars or less, because the A-mount is dead... and of course, some AF Minolta lenses would be really nice as well.