Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CarlGundel Quote
Mount a Pentax K or KA lense.
Set the aperture using the lens aperture ring.
Set the shutter speed using the e-dial
Press the shutter button to take a photo
...and the shutter speed remains where I left it. This does not happen with any of the settings I have tried.

I just want the camera to do what I tell it and not try to be 'helpful'. Very annoying.
Are you in X-mode? If so, the shutter speed should be fixed at 1/180s.

Are you in B-mode? If so, the shutter will remain open until released.

Are you in M-mode? If so, the shutter speed should remain where you set it, unless you push the green button, in which case, it may change because pushing the green button tells the camera to stop down the lens and meter.

Are you in P, Sv, Tv, Av, TAv? The aperture will remain wide open regardless of setting and the shutter speed will vary according to light.

Are you in Green mode? Same as immediately above except always auto-ISO.

If not behaving as above, your camera is broken.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-13-2020 at 02:45 PM.
04-13-2020, 03:24 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If not behaving as above, your camera is broken.
Yes, the eDials are known to fail on all models. There are a few posts concerning the failure of dials on the K10D. For the most part though, the eDials are reliable.
04-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Yes, the eDials are known to fail on all models. There are a few posts concerning the failure of dials on the K10D. For the most part though, the eDials are reliable.
I am wondering if the green button is getting bumped when doing shutter release. The two are adjacent on the top of the camera.

Steve