Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K10D questions

Have just got my hands on a well looked after K10D, but I have a couple of questions for the more enlightened on the forum.

(1) Mirror has fine dust & small hairs which are probably what I can see through viewfinder - are these easy to clean off.

(2) I mistakenly inserted an SD card when it still had 2 photos from my K100d and now the camera is using these numbers + on subsequent photos I've taken with the K10D - am I stuck or can I reset the numbers.

regards

10-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mirror dust can probably cleaned just like sensor dust--use a blower. Although, for my camera, I'd be content with dust on the mirror because knocking it off the mirror might land it on the sensor. Viewfinder dust is easy, too; there's a good video on YouTube about replacing viewfinder screens, just follow that procedure to remove and return the screen.

For image number, I'd try Capture Menu, Memory of Settings, File No. But that's just a guess.
10-30-2008, 04:17 AM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kev.pride Quote
(2) I mistakenly inserted an SD card when it still had 2 photos from my K100d and now the camera is using these numbers + on subsequent photos I've taken with the K10D - am I stuck or can I reset the numbers.

regards
To reset the image number, refer to p199-200 of the manual. Basically, press Menu. In the record mode advance to Memory and press right arrow to bring up a new menu; scroll to p2, where the last entry is File No. If this is ticked, then numbers will continue from the previous numbers recorded, i.e. the camera remembers the image numbers even if another card is used. Unticking it makes the camera revert to no. 1 for the next image when a new card is inserted. I don't think this will work with a card that already has a number of images on it because you would then have two images numbered 1, etc. The only way is to try it.

Even though the two cameras are from the same make, it is safest to format a card in the camera it is to be used in to avoid card reading/recording problems and corrupted images.

Hope this helps.

John