Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2020, 08:04 AM   #31
Pentaxian

I had the opportunity to buy a new old stock K7 still in the box for a great price, just about when the K5 came out. But I had heard that the K7 was a camera to avoid, so I waited a short while and bought a new K5.

I've really liked my K5, but it has not been without issues, Freezing completely was an issue. So much so, that I had to send it back twice under warranty to get repaired. The second time they replaced a lot of the electronic stuff (I'm no tech as far as details) and when I got it back, it has been working like a champ, no issues for...years. Touch wood.

My K10D has many shutter actuations on it and I've had it (bought new) since November 2007. Not one issue. Not one repair. Amazing. Don't know if all the K10D's were like this, but mine appears to be one solid camera, going into its 13th year, still firing on all of it's cylinders, Touch wood.

So I don't know. Buying any camera, especially used is a risk. I would go for a K5 over a K7, because I think the K5 has more evolved technology , than the K7. But although I love my K5, this camera had some issues, or at least mine did, but it's been fine for a long while after R&R of some components.

06-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I still use my K-7. It is a fantastic camera that can be found for a couple hundred $ or less. I do have a KP on the way though.
07-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really liked my K-7...That Samsung sensor was nice but noisy over iso800..
I didn't get on with the K-5 after that, images too soft.
Subsequent K5-11s sorted that.