Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sharpness vs Fine Sharpness on K20D

Why can't i set them individually?
And if i choose one or the other, when does which work better than the other.
Since i mostly shoot raw, but find the K20D's jpegs also usable, i'd like to learn from your experience with sharpen vs fine sharpen.
Instead of shooting a ton of sample shots just for the sake to figure out a difference and when to apply which.

Thanks,

Daniel

11-02-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

There are a few topics on this, the search function is your friend
11-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I guess i was hoping for more google site: sharpness had nothing more than showing fine sharpness sharpens shadow noise more than reg. shaprness, can't say that was a revelation.
The only suggestion was to use fine sharpen for hair detail, i guess i go with that.

Would have been much more interesting if Pentax would have actually allowed us to set them individually instead of one or the other to the same amount, i'd imagine turning down sharpen while increasing fine sharpen to be useful.