Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18249 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2021, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #511
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Quote
Of course I can do it). I still don't see the full resolution that a photo camera is capable of.
On the other hand, it doesn't matter, I can't afford such expensive equipment.)
Sorry about that. Well, with this old digital tech camera and lens I'd say it's more about the photography attributes of composition and subject matter rather than the gear head photography attributes of resolution and sharpness. This system will fall short in that area compared to today's standards if that's what you're looking for.

03-02-2021, 04:25 PM - 3 Likes   #512
Pentaxian

M9, Voigtländer Nokton 50mm

Last edited by tuco; 03-02-2021 at 04:59 PM.
03-02-2021, 04:37 PM - 6 Likes   #513
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For me the value of using this older equipment includes the joy of making pictures and a love of the sensor rendering, and also the challenge of making good pictures. I think it will be the strength of these images rather than a surfeit of detail that will define it's quality. A dose of well place sharp detail may well play a big part of the overall picture, but it is, as it should be, one factor among others. The appeal, or resonance, of these images for others will be idiosyncratic I see learning to make them with this gear as part of developing the craft. Please do keep posting your pics with whatever you've got Ivan, 'cause you know I like seeing them!

Having said that this question prompted me to look up the current market value for my little Optio on the outside chance that someone, somewhere, in a strange parallel universe might consider swapping it for an M9. It's an older camera but I did find one going here in Australia, for $29 ! - that's $29 Aud too! - Hah - fools !

Another Allamander, Pentax Optio A30. I often screen photos as I upload them from camera to PC using the simpler Xnview freeware, and make a few quick global adjustments to contrast brightness etc, saving those adjustments as a quick sketch if I think the photo is worthwhile and then going on to use other more sophisticated software to process properly. Occasionally, on reflection, I don't think I can do any better with the more advanced processing packages, and have to admit that the quick sketch is about as good as I'll get no matter how much work I put into it. This is one those photos.

Last edited by rjbrett; 03-02-2021 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Rotated pic and entered new link so it made sense
03-02-2021, 04:41 PM - 1 Like   #514
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rjbrett Quote
For me the value of using this older equipment includes the joy of making pictures and a love of the sensor rendering, and also the challenge of making good pictures
Right there with you . Nicely done!

03-02-2021, 04:57 PM   #515
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
M9, Voigtländer Nokton 50mm
Ha ha ! - you cad * ! - now you're just rubbing it in ! How wonderful - another great pic, and I did follow through to flickr to look at the detail of the moss on the trunks . Got any more ?

* - you do know this is just my envy of both gear and skill speaking, I'm sure.

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 05:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Right there with you
I suspect more than a few people here think this way, as you'd know.

Last edited by rjbrett; 03-02-2021 at 05:52 PM.
03-02-2021, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #516
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rjbrett Quote
Got any more ?
Thanks. Do you mean pictures with the Nokton 50/1.5 lens? I've posted several in this thread if you haven't seen them. Here are a few:

The CCD Sensor Cult. I mean Club... - Page 8 - PentaxForums.com

The CCD Sensor Cult. I mean Club... - Page 15 - PentaxForums.com

The CCD Sensor Cult. I mean Club... - Page 11 - PentaxForums.com
03-02-2021, 05:25 PM - 5 Likes   #517
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

double sun - Canon Powershot A430 (4 mp)

03-03-2021, 10:50 AM - 2 Likes   #518
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I believe these geese "like" the ccd sensor on the *istDS better than the cmos of the K1II !?
The warmer color is "right" to me.

The cheap 28-300 Tamron lens with AF1.4x is not capable to use the resolution of the K1, but it seems to be a happy combination with the istDS.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by DonV; 03-03-2021 at 10:57 AM.
03-03-2021, 12:07 PM - 7 Likes   #519
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful shots, guys.

Here's two humble mud prints taken on today's lockdown walk. (K100D + Sigma 28-300)

03-04-2021, 08:27 PM - 4 Likes   #520
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjortron Quote
mud prints
Cool textures!

A mix of palms and eucalyptus on a recent dogwalk - Lumix LX3
03-04-2021, 09:21 PM   #521
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjortron Quote

Here's two humble mud prints taken on today's lockdown walk. (K100D + Sigma 28-300)
Clever! Good eye on those.
03-05-2021, 03:09 AM   #522
Pentaxian

Sorry about that. Well, with this old digital tech camera and lens I'd say it's more about the photography attributes of composition and subject matter rather than the gear head photography attributes of resolution and sharpness. This system will fall short in that area compared to today's standards if that's what you're looking for.
I understand what you are talking about. This is very subtle, I would say perfectly. But a beautiful photograph can be made with a fifty dollar tool. I just showed too much curiosity why even outdated technology costs so much money, is there any rational grain there. I see a lot of photo gravels taken with legendary lenses or cameras, but they are deeply processed. Sorry again, I absolutely didn't want to spend so much time wondering about it. The photo is really beautiful. And I will invite my wife to try to draw it. She is seriously into painting.
03-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #523
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

M9, Voigtländer Nokton 50/1.5

Please let me know when you want to get rid of that lens. :>) That blue flower photo is just about the cat's meow!
03-05-2021, 09:03 AM   #524
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Please let me know when you want to get rid of that lens. :>) That blue flower photo is just about the cat's meow!
Okay but it's an M-mount lens. You can still purchase them new, I see.
03-05-2021, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #525
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Quote
I understand what you are talking about. This is very subtle, I would say perfectly. But a beautiful photograph can be made with a fifty dollar tool. I just showed too much curiosity why even outdated technology costs so much money, is there any rational grain there. I see a lot of photo gravels taken with legendary lenses or cameras, but they are deeply processed. Sorry again, I absolutely didn't want to spend so much time wondering about it. The photo is really beautiful. And I will invite my wife to try to draw it. She is seriously into painting.
Thanks. I picked up this M9 in bargain condition. The price was considerably reduce from the original 2009 price but still pretty expensive for such old sensor tech, I guess. I think the prices have even increased since I purchased mine. Even old film gear is getting expensive which I still shoot a lot of film.