Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #16

Great shots!

I loved my K-7, one of the reasons being that it feels so good in the hand. Hefty, solid, but not unwieldy. Great ergonomics, as someone commented. I bought mine used in 2012, and it served me well until Nov. 2019. It's now stuck on manual focus, and I've tried all the recommended fixes. No luck. And the worst part of it was that I had finally taken the time to really push my own limits with it and was getting some great images from it. Using it on a fairly basic level (more than just program mode, but not a lot of experimenting with settings) was giving me what I needed, but I was finally doing "more" with it.

Now I'm looking for a K-70 or a K-5IIs, and it's quite a dilemma. The K-5 IIs is so much like the K-7 that I'd feel really comfortable with it. OTOH, I feel like it would be nice to have something newer.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, body, camera, design, dslr, grips, hand, k-7, k20d, k7, kp, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax 15mm f4 ltd, pentax a 50mm f1.7, pentax da 35mm f/2.4, pentax k7, pentax kp, pentax m 135mm f3.5, philip, photography