Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2020, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
(Laughs)

With all due respect, Mike, you answered it yourself. Sony didn't sell to PMR, they gave to him ... he's a sponsored photographer, it's the other way round, he's sold himself to Sony.

I get it, dude has to make a living. I can also show you an article by a sponsored pro entitled 'Why I swapped from Canon to Olympus'. He didn't read the tea leaves or chicken entrails, did he?

As we know, mirrorless and DSLR have pros and cons, and this was what Ryu Voekel found a couple of years ago. Some things change, some things remain dealbreakers, a pro just has to trust his technology, it has to be effortless:

Sony A9 review by a sports photographer | Big Lens Fast Shutter
Odd thing is He fell in love with Sony long before they found him.
Again, I can't stand SONY , BUT I'm a different shooter, and am sticking with the KP.......Because I like the feel.

07-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Man.... got almost no sleep chasing bats last night... will post later.... unfortunately camera had to go into 14 days mandatory isolation.
07-19-2020, 05:06 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Man.... got almost no sleep chasing bats last night... will post later.... unfortunately camera had to go into 14 days mandatory isolation.
That begs the question. Where is the proof? Images man images, where are the images??
07-19-2020, 05:07 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
The thing I would like to see most in the viewfinder in my DSLR is ......

Me.... I just want what LeRolls sees in his viewfinder.

07-19-2020, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
Odd thing is He fell in love with Sony long before they found him.
Again, I can't stand SONY , BUT I'm a different shooter, and am sticking with the KP.......Because I like the feel.
Well, that happens. I know a local guy who was a Canon shooter and then changed brands pretty much *in order* to become a Sony Artisan, because they have/had a bigger marketing budget. No names, I've done some of his workshops!

FWIW, thanks for bringing Patrick up, because I went to his site and love his pictures. He was a great photographer before he changed brands, it's safe to say. Have you seen the huge lighting rigs he puts into basketball stadiums to get his shots?

Last edited by clackers; 07-19-2020 at 05:57 PM.
07-20-2020, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Well, that happens. I know a local guy who was a Canon shooter and then changed brands pretty much *in order* to become a Sony Artisan, because they have/had a bigger marketing budget. No names, I've done some of his workshops!

FWIW, thanks for bringing Patrick up, because I went to his site and love his pictures. He was a great photographer before he changed brands, it's safe to say. Have you seen the huge lighting rigs he puts into basketball stadiums to get his shots?

Lighting is PMRs game, I remember watching him string heads in an arena