Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I had the 645D and still have my K3II. for landscape work where you do not need high ISO performance, I say the 645D is better by a mile, maybe 2 miles, lol.

Get it and love it. Prepare to love the SOOC color rendering of the CCD sensor.

07-23-2020, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
Ok, so you guys have been beyond helpful. Makes me proud to be a part of the Pentax family. I’m narrowing my decision here. My last question is pretty simple. Are the old manual A lenses from the original 645 lineup (35mm, 75mm, etc) good enough quality to make good use of the newer 645D or Z cameras? I now know they will be cropped thanks to you guys (didn’t know that at the start) but just wondering if it’s only really worth buying a digital 645 body if one plans on buying the new glass? I only have the old stuff and it’s in great shape, but will it be limiting to the high resolution of these newer bodies?
Again, you all rock! Thanks for helping me out.
07-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ShutterStuck82 Quote
Ok, so you guys have been beyond helpful. Makes me proud to be a part of the Pentax family. I’m narrowing my decision here. My last question is pretty simple. Are the old manual A lenses from the original 645 lineup (35mm, 75mm, etc) good enough quality to make good use of the newer 645D or Z cameras? I now know they will be cropped thanks to you guys (didn’t know that at the start) but just wondering if it’s only really worth buying a digital 645 body if one plans on buying the new glass? I only have the old stuff and it’s in great shape, but will it be limiting to the high resolution of these newer bodies?
Again, you all rock! Thanks for helping me out.
As you're new to this forum, you might want to post this question on the "Pentax Medium Format" section of the forum where you may gain additional insight.
07-23-2020, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
As you're new to this forum, you might want to post this question on the "Pentax Medium Format" section of the forum where you may gain additional insight.
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll do that right now and see if anyone has any insight.