Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2020, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#11. For goodness sake - all the cameras and lenses I’ve sold to buy a new one still worked exactly as they did when I bought them.

* That never stopped me though.

08-02-2020, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
7. My Tacoma has over 130,000 miles despite being 2017 model - I need a new truck
That's still brand new. My little 5-speed Yaris hatchback is running 288k miles & it still runs like new. I'm gonna run that into the ground. Hahaha!

Sorry, but I don't have much to add to this thread. Haha!
08-02-2020, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is only one reason to buy. Buying the newest and most advanced camera will make me a great photographer! The deal breaker will be if Pentax doesn't follow Canon's lead and include documentation that certifies me to be a Professional Photographer.
08-02-2020, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

42. I'm saving for the next K-1.

(3 doesn't apply, I'm fine with Pentax also serving the APS-C users)

08-02-2020, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#7. Based on my past experience with my Toyota truck, yours is just getting broken in. It's why used Tacoma's cost almost as much as new ones. My sister says I'll have to pry her cold, dead fingers off the steering wheel of hers.
08-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was just last week shooting with of all things K10D, and what an enjoyable camera that is, still. I just love the rendition of this sensor with 50/135/2.8. Do any of us really need a new camera body? Maybe money is better spent for a trip to beautiful places . . .
08-02-2020, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Not right now. I've got enough DSLR's and a Ricoh GR ll. But who knows in the future.

As the title of the James Bond movies says...never say never.

08-02-2020, 12:58 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

The only thing stopping me from buying it will be the expense. To justify that in my current circumstances, I'd really have to sell some of my existing cameras and/or lenses to raise some of the funds... but I've grown remarkably attached to them, and - for the time being, at least - I'm not of a mind to do so. Still, I'm fairly certain I'll end up with the new body eventually... though it might be yesterday's news by the time I acquire one
08-02-2020, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The expense is holding me back. And if I do find the ~$1000 needed, I would rather have full frame. And I happen to like EVFs as well. Call me weird, but focus peaking makes life with my growing collection of classic manual focus glass much easier. Yes, I could use live view, I know. But holding a camera at arm's length feels weird after decades of peering through prisms. Looking at a little screen is also weird but I can live with that kinda weird. So a K-new will not be on my shopping list. Maybe it will drive down the price of used K-3s and KPs. I could live with one of those if the price is right - even if I have to use live view. Yes, I know I am not being consistent but when the price is right I can be amazingly flexible.
08-02-2020, 03:10 PM - 3 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

#1. My wife won't let me.
#2. My wife says I can't.
#3. My wife is giving me "the look".
#4. My wife says if I carry on along this tangent then it will be a while before we, you know.....
08-02-2020, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Just one reason for me, I’m quite happy with my KP
I am thoroughly delighted with mine. Its compact design concept is so unique and useful, its construction and performance so fine, I think it should be continued in the lineup along with the K-new.

I also hope the K-new's processor will be as good for delivering very fine time-saving results in right out of camera JPEGs not just RAW images. Since I often do not bother with post-process, this is for me very important.

I have the GPS unit but have never used it. I sometimes do use the built-in flash for fill and for grab shots, so I'd prefer having one over GPS, which can still be added anyway. But if K-new has none, I do have the very small and inexpensive but nice Pentax AF 201FG pocketable flash with WR and tilt. So not a total impediment for me.

Someone has said they are glad it does not have a tilting rear screen- not me. They said having that ruins the smooth appearance they like. My silver KP looks wonderful from all angles, and I think functionality rules over such minute concerns. The only reason I can think of for such an omission, is having a larger screen on a still-compact design for the type of camera means being out of room for the necessary frame. But we haven't seen the final product. I can take it without, but much prefer having the tilting screen for shooting from a lower setup, or overhead, etc. I think Pentax should continue this advantage, already established with the K-1 and KP.

I hope it will still have the power zoom contacts as using these old lenses can be fun.

Good to learn their plan is to run the new model in both black and silver to match their lens lineup. I love the look of my silver KP.

I am also in the "too may cameras" club. If I decide to get the new camera it will not be right away-it will be wait and see. Then eventually I will sell my K20D and original K-5 but keep my K-5 IIs as sort of a "beater" camera. I must get around to selling some (now un)used stuff!

---------- Post added 08-02-20 at 03:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
10. Bring it on, baby!
Those main concerns being successfully addressed, I agree with Sandy here!

Last edited by mikesbike; 08-02-2020 at 03:49 PM.
08-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
#1. My wife won't let me.
#2. My wife says I can't.
#3. My wife is giving me "the look".
#4. My wife says if I carry on along this tangent then it will be a while before we, you know.....
Well, then you just may have to tell her that you just may have to, you know, get it somewhere else. 🤪

So that you know, if I told that to my wife there would be a blood bath so you know proceed with a bit of caution.
08-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #28
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Why don't you think it will have GPS?
The simple answers:

Every image of the K-new does not show a GPS LED or button.
In all of the information (such as it is) released by Ricoh nothing about GPS - nada - zilch - anywhere or from anyone.

If it is going to be a "successor" to the K-3II then all of the features of the K-3II should be the starting point. If that is the case, then why does Ricoh just not come out and say so - such a simple thing.
08-02-2020, 06:00 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Well, then you just may have to tell her that you just may have to, you know, get it somewhere else. 🤪

So that you know, if I told that to my wife there would be a blood bath so you know proceed with a bit of caution.
That's bound to cost more than a K-new, so no!
08-02-2020, 06:02 PM - 3 Likes   #30
Pentaxian

All those people who have too many cameras, should accept they have too many cameras for a reason. And for that reason they will inevitably end up buying the K-New.