Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2020, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #31
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
one is an older model but it is a " flag ship " model, one is not - it is a consumer level camera body

however, which does what you want to do best ? do you want one that allows you to " grow " ?

choose that one, not the one most recommended if the one most recommended doesn't fit your particular wants and needs

as far as using a camera and lens in " the dark " or low light, I look at the lens and how fast is it ?

F ?

but again, I claim no particular expertise, I just tend to post a lot

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-27-2020 at 03:50 AM.
08-27-2020, 03:42 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I own a K-3 (very similar to the K-3II) and a K-70, so I'll list the key benefits of each, as I see them.

K-3:
* Much more rugged
* No aperture block to fail
* Dual memory card slots
* Useful top LCD display
* More fun to shoot (this is subjective)

K-70:
* Better low light performance
* Fully articulating LCD screen
* Smaller, lighter

I like them both, but the K-3 is the better camera... except when shooting in low light, where the K-70 is superb.
08-27-2020, 04:41 AM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd go the k3ii.

I pair mine with the sigma 18-35 1.8.
Awsome combination.
08-27-2020, 11:18 AM - 4 Likes   #34
Forum Member

Original Poster
Guys, I just bought Pentax K-3ii! Happy with how it feels in hands and looking forward to test it! Thank you all for great advices! And reminding me that there are always more to consider and sometimes it's worth to wait a bit more!

08-27-2020, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiparisas Quote
Guys, I just bought Pentax K-3ii! Happy with how it feels in hands and looking forward to test it! Thank you all for great advices! And reminding me that there are always more to consider and sometimes it's worth to wait a bit more!
Well, congratulations! You said 5 or 10 thousands actuation- which is nothing for a K-3 II, and in excellent condition. Sounds like a good deal for a fine camera with a pro-level built quality and extra-fine imaging.

That 18-55 mm kit lens, however, is a mis-match for such a camera. The DA 18-135mm DC WR that you mentioned considering is far better, and excellent as an all-around zoom lens, even for top-level camera bodies. It can even do good closeups, less than macro. To get a good idea of its capabilities, you can go the the SLR lens section, scroll down to find the thread- "DA 18-135 WR Show us what it can do" for examples from it. I suggest going to the last page of the thread first and go backwards.
08-28-2020, 03:49 AM   #36
Unregistered User

Wait for three months and pick up a KP on a "black friday" sale.