Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 82 Likes Search this Thread
09-02-2020, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #61
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
On the strap issue, my k3 only has one lug in use, the right side one. I use a lightweight security strap with metal threads inside it that I bought when I was headed to Europe on a trip with a tiny lx7 Panasonic. I find using a strap like that around my wrist allows me to change lenses easier than a more grippy wrist strap. (Similar to this, but slightly different with a more secure end: amazon.com: Pacsafe Carrysafe 25i Anti-Theft Camera and Tablet Wrist Strap: Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&)
I'm with you on that. I have exactly the same Pacsafe strap on mine. However, Pacsafe doesn't make that strap anymore. Here's the Amazon ad for the exact strap I've got - notice it says, "unavailable". I can't find one anywhere, it seems most of their camera straps have been discontinued.

amazon.com: Pacsafe Carrysafe 25 Anti-Theft Compact Camera Wrist Strap: Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

09-02-2020, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another option for keeping your camera more secure despite a shallow grip is using a Spyder handstrap. While they used to be a fairly pricey option I've purchased my most recent two for under $30 each. They add security against drops, and fit amazingly, moulding to your unique hand shape over time. Paired with a Spyder Holster look ma, no slings or neckstraps. Nothing flopping around while you walk or lean over either.

One plus if you have multiple cameras of the same model. I use a red strap on one K-70, and a brown one on the other. On my KP I had a dark blue one and on the K1 a black strap.
09-02-2020, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
I'm with you on that. I have exactly the same Pacsafe strap on mine. However, Pacsafe doesn't make that strap anymore. Here's the Amazon ad for the exact strap I've got - notice it says, "unavailable". I can't find one anywhere, it seems most of their camera straps have been discontinued.

amazon.com: Pacsafe Carrysafe 25 Anti-Theft Compact Camera Wrist Strap: Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
That's the very strap I have indeed! Nothing like it is listed in the pacsafe site anymore.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 09-02-2020 at 07:45 AM.
09-02-2020, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That's the very strap I have indeed! Nothing like it is listed in the pacsafe site anymore.
The similar Pacsafe Carrysafe 25i clip looks small enough to connect to the camera strap lug and thus work the same way. Just put the adhesive anchors up someplace in case you have some future use for those.
amazon.com: Pacsafe Carrysafe 25i Anti-Theft Camera and Tablet Wrist Strap: Electronics?tag=pentaxforums-20&