Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Inactive Account

k10d long exposures

Hello everyone....I am new here, and psyched I found the site, because I love my camera and I'm glad to know that there are other happy pentax users out there.

I have been wondering how to get a long exposure on my k10d. I can only get the exposure up to 30 seconds, but I would like to expose for minutes at a time. I went through the manual and couldn't find any help...maybe I skipped over it, but I would love some help if any of you know how. thanks!

11-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dubbs5050 Quote
Hello everyone....I am new here, and psyched I found the site, because I love my camera and I'm glad to know that there are other happy pentax users out there.

I have been wondering how to get a long exposure on my k10d. I can only get the exposure up to 30 seconds, but I would like to expose for minutes at a time. I went through the manual and couldn't find any help...maybe I skipped over it, but I would love some help if any of you know how. thanks!
welcome

you will need to set the mode dial on B (bulb), and you will have to use a remote control, this will allow the shutter to stay open as long as you desire.
one tip though, use the shutter on the 2 sec. delay timer as this would lock up the mirror before the shot is taken

Dave
11-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you....so It is mandatory that I use a remote? oh well....its not like Im taking long exposures all the time, just nice to have the option. Thanks again!
11-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

not manadory, however you won't be able to hold the shutter button down for that amount of time without shaking the camera, even on a good tripod.

Once upon-a-time, cameras had a 'T' setting that worked like B but required one press of the shutter release to start the exposure and another to stop it, so you could take your hand off the shutter release and had more chance of keeping everything stable. This also was the day of mechanical cable release and for a couple of $ you had a perfectly useable option.

Nige.