It's not sitting in my camera bag?
11-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's too cheap.

11-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, I'll bite: Is this a serious question?

Otherwise, the ONLY thing I would like on my K20D that doesn't have, is a way to turn off noise reduction (or whatever hangs it after shooting long exposures).

RB
11-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

It's not blonde with a 36-24-36 body.
11-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

one thing i will mention is that in my opinion, Canon's "wheel" for menu navigation and one touch button is so easy and intuitive to use i am surprised the other companies dont just out right copy it and get it over with.

pentax implemented a "wheel", only it only goes through 3 selectors which i never touch anyway

and the 4 way button style for menu navigation is stone age, they are wasting realestate

should have just made a wheel.

11-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I only have one!
11-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I agree with Gooshin and Douglas of Sweden. :-)

On top of that;
- I MUCH prefer the 4-way buttons on the K100D to the 4-way buttons on the K20D - I often need to hit the button on the K20D more than once because they are so recessed.
- When you have spun the dial to SEL your auto-focus point, you can actually accidently change the focus point rather easily by hitting the 4-way buttons with your finger or your forehead.
-Pressing OK and the green button at the same time no longer sets ISO to Auto like it did on the K10D.
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
one thing i will mention is that in my opinion, Canon's "wheel" for menu navigation and one touch button is so easy and intuitive to use i am surprised the other companies dont just out right copy it and get it over with.
Do you mean what passes for a rear e-dial on the EOS xxD bodies ? I *hate* that thing. I find it in a very bad place, ergonomically-speaking. The location of Pentax's rear e-dial is just perfect, it falls right under my thumb. Nikon's is not too bad, but too close to the edge of the body.

I'll give Canon's rear wheel one thing, though: it ends up in about the same place when using a battery grip (and thus frees Canon from putting one on the grip itself).
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dkittle Quote
-Pressing OK and the green button at the same time no longer sets ISO to Auto like it did on the K10D.
Do you have the ISO control assigned to an e-dial ? If so, just press the green button, no need to hold OK.
11-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Do you mean what passes for a rear e-dial on the EOS xxD bodies ? I *hate* that thing. I find it in a very bad place, ergonomically-speaking. The location of Pentax's rear e-dial is just perfect, it falls right under my thumb. Nikon's is not too bad, but too close to the edge of the body.

I'll give Canon's rear wheel one thing, though: it ends up in about the same place when using a battery grip (and thus frees Canon from putting one on the grip itself).
while canon has chosen it for their AV/EV dial'ins, and i will agree that "while framing" its rather in an akweard position

when you want to navigate the menu, or preview your images, or change settings (ISO, capture method etc) i find it much "faster", atleast for me, being part of the "twitch gamer" generation, my "fine" hand-eye coordination is top notch, Pentax's "button pressing" is simply too slow for me, i find myself frustrated pressing all the button, and even more frustrated when i miss press one.

also, and this is totaly personal, a canon XXD bodies are just the right height for me, i have not upgraded to a BG2 grip yet for my K20D, but it definetly lacks it (guess i have a large hand)

again, this is a personal opinion, but i still find my friends canon 30D the most ergonomicaly and simple camera body i have ever used (not to mention the fact that i can change ISO, AV, and EV comp all right there, without having to "choose" which 2 of those i want to change)

anyway.. those are the details, overall i'm very happy with my K20D
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
It's not blonde with a 36-24-36 body.
No, but you can take a photo of her.
11-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The really only huge problem is :

I don't have two right hands for my cameras
11-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #15
Veteran Member

the live view implementation is half assed. if it was better, with live histogram and properly magnified MF and DOF preview i'd be on it ... and i want face detection too. seriously