Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Viewfinder/sensor alignment function. Worse than the K100D.

11-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

The viewfinder is worse than the K100D? Really?
11-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #18

It doesn't have a "real" mirror lockup. The only way to get it is use 2-second delay. Pentax, give us a real mirror lockup. That said, I love one-push multiple exposure control and setting this up is so easy!
11-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
now that i have gotten all the wonderful inputs on the K10D vs K20D
lets get some flaws, users found with their K20D since

Dave
Read my Blog, I summarised most flaws users and reviewers reported:- http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/search/label/K20D

(To name a few: inaccurate metering/exposure, slow AF and serious hunting at lower light, front focusing under tungsten or any yellow light source, hot sensor and extremely hot pixels problem, immature LiveView with too many limitations and lack of features and so on..)

11-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #20
PDL
Pentaxian

pure BS

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Read my Blog, I summarised most flaws users and reviewers reported:- RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: K20D

(To name a few: inaccurate metering/exposure, slow AF and serious hunting at lower light, front focusing under tungsten or any yellow light source, hot sensor and extremely hot pixels problem, immature LiveView with too many limitations and lack of features and so on..)
Images taken with a K100 - not a K20D. Pure BS.

Low light AF is dependent on the skill of the photographer - de-couple the AF from the shutter button and and take control ---- Learn how to shoot -- plain and simple RH does not have a clue.

My K20D has no hot pixels - RH does not own one, get a grip.

I do not, nor have I used Live view ---- don't care -- might try it some day, but right now don't care.

What features are lacking --- facts and data --- not nebulus, meaningless meanderings.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
11-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dkittle Quote
-Pressing OK and the green button at the same time no longer sets ISO to Auto like it did on the K10D.
Sure it does. I just tested to make sure I wasn't imagining it. What version of firmware are you running? v1.01 OK+Green switches ISO to auto in P/Av/Tv modes.
11-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
It's not blonde with a 36-24-36 body.
That would make it a 3D full frame, now wouldn't it?

11-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Hmm...

- I wish you could use multi-exposure and auto-bracketing together.
and as others have said:
- Larger viewfinder, 25% bigger would be nice.
- either better NR or the ability to turn it off completely.
11-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #24

Sorry,I really thought about some flaws with the k20d,but couldnt find any.
11-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #25
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
while canon has chosen it for their AV/EV dial'ins, and i will agree that "while framing" its rather in an akweard position

when you want to navigate the menu, or preview your images, or change settings (ISO, capture method etc) i find it much "faster", atleast for me, being part of the "twitch gamer" generation, my "fine" hand-eye coordination is top notch, Pentax's "button pressing" is simply too slow for me, i find myself frustrated pressing all the button, and even more frustrated when i miss press one.

also, and this is totaly personal, a canon XXD bodies are just the right height for me, i have not upgraded to a BG2 grip yet for my K20D, but it definetly lacks it (guess i have a large hand)

again, this is a personal opinion, but i still find my friends canon 30D the most ergonomicaly and simple camera body i have ever used (not to mention the fact that i can change ISO, AV, and EV comp all right there, without having to "choose" which 2 of those i want to change)

anyway.. those are the details, overall i'm very happy with my K20D
Yeah but you're too young to have a k20, it's only for us old fogeys.
11-08-2008, 03:33 AM   #26
Veteran Member

So, what is the age limit to have a K20D ... must I now sell mine
11-08-2008, 04:40 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Do you mean what passes for a rear e-dial on the EOS xxD bodies ? I *hate* that thing. I find it in a very bad place, ergonomically-speaking. The location of Pentax's rear e-dial is just perfect, it falls right under my thumb. Nikon's is not too bad, but too close to the edge of the body.
Couldn't agree with you more.

I'll give the Canon's back wheel credit for allowing me to scroll through menus and pictures very very fast. However, controlling shooting options with it is a nightmare, especially when holding the camera to my eye.
11-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #28

K20D weaknesses...

I'd say the biggest two are FPS and AF speed.

BUT...

What keeps me sane and grounded is Pentax's VALUE!!

Bodies and lenses are like half the price of the big two's equivalents.

Add in weather sealing, in body SR.

Whenever I start to think the grass might be greener, I take a quick peek at Amazon, and when I start to add up the bodies and lenses, I think, that's the price of a small used car, and I remind myself that I'm not a professional =)
11-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #29
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Read my Blog, I summarised most flaws users and reviewers reported:- RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: K20D

Keep in mind that RH hasn't used a K20D or K200D for more than a few minutes in a Camera store. His primary objectives appears to be to get people to NOT go with Pentax bodies.
11-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Keep in mind that RH hasn't used a K20D or K200D for more than a few minutes in a Camera store. His primary objectives appears to be to get people to NOT go with Pentax bodies.
He's a "maverick", don't you remember...