Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2020, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What Camera Would You Want To Be Buried With You?

Like many of you, I've been a serious photographer for many years. Being in my late 60's, the other day when updating my will a crazy thought crossed my mind - what if I decided to have my favorite camera buried with me? After all, didn't ancient warriors get buried with their favorite weapons?

None of my dependents or heirs want anything to do with my camera gear when I'm gone, so it wouldn't be like I'd be depriving them of an inheritance.

My thoughts then turned to which camera would I select for such an honor. Because I could not decide on just one camera, I decided to pick two cameras - a film camera and a digital camera. My favorite film camera is my beloved Minolta Autocord. Picking a favorite digital camera was a bit harder, but in the end I settled on my incredible Pentax K-1 camera.

If you'd have to choose one film and one digital camera to be buried with you, what would you choose?

10-14-2020, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I wouldn't have a modern electronic camera buried with me … too much pollution
Maybe one of my old Retinas and a couple of lenses … ?!?
10-14-2020, 03:14 PM - 10 Likes   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

None! I want them all to go to good homes where they will be used and cherished!

Steve
10-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Haha, I wouldn't do it similar to kypfer's reasoning. However, hypothetically, if it had to be done it would be my K-50 with my FA*300 lens. I don't use this combination much any more but it was my first introduction to birding and I have fond memories of it. I don't have any film cameras any more and I can't remember the names of the ones I did have as digital came around to be strong when I was a teenager.

10-14-2020, 03:39 PM - 5 Likes   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going up in smoke when I depart... There's too little land spare for me to even consider being buried As such, any camera would have to be not just weather-resistant, but flame-resistant too Seriously, though, I'm with @stevebrot - I'd like all of my gear to wind up being used and enjoyed by others
10-14-2020, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm @stevebrot I want them to go to good homes. If none of my children or grands want them then they will be sold so they can be used.
10-14-2020, 05:57 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Couldn't do it. Film would expire and I couldn't develope it anyway. I might just take one very long exposure, maybe get enough light over years of stuff decaying. There is the other problem. Even dead due to decay, I couldn't hold the camera steady that long. So the only photography I take beyond is my inability to hold a camera still.😀

10-14-2020, 05:59 PM - 4 Likes   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I think being cremated is my only way of acquiring a smokin' hot body.

I'd ask for Don Henley's 'The Heat Is On' to be played at the service, and yeah, I think Viking style, throw my K-1 onto the pyre with me, Fenwoodian.
10-14-2020, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You will need to take some extra batteries and SD cards. The cards do not need to be high speed.
10-14-2020, 07:05 PM - 3 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope to send myself to medical school. Guess I should send along the K1 so the students can take pictures of their dissection!!!
10-14-2020, 07:34 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
I hope to send myself to medical school. Guess I should send along the K1 so the students can take pictures of their dissection!!!
Yeah, see I figure there'd be no organs worth transferring out of me, especially the brain.
10-14-2020, 11:22 PM - 3 Likes   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One that has not been manufactured yet.
10-15-2020, 03:23 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm with Steve on this one, so I'll say my original ME Super which is dead beyond repair. If you ask me what my favourite cameras are, then the LX for film and the K-3 for digital. The latter may well change as I try other digital cameras (i don't have a K-1, for example).
10-15-2020, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably my first one, an Imperial 126 Instamatic clone my mom gave me in junior high.
Too bad it's long gone.

She was the family photographer, having learned the whole process in high school.
I guess I inherited the photography bug from her, especially my love for the darkroom.

Chris
10-15-2020, 07:30 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Like many of you, I've been a serious photographer for many years. Being in my late 60's, the other day when updating my will a crazy thought crossed my mind - what if I decided to have my favorite camera buried with me? After all, didn't ancient warriors get buried with their favorite weapons?

If you'd have to choose one film and one digital camera to be buried with you, what would you choose?
Cameras come and go, it's all about the lenses.
So, no, I couldn't really care about going to my grave with any camera, however, I do intend to be buried holding my FA* 200/4 macro in one hand and my D FA* 85/1.4 in the other one.